Join for free
Page 52 of 56 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:15 PM

Re: Flu jab 2018 booked

Oh dear no hugs allowed it seems! Perhaps it's against flu hygiene regulations? Bah humbug
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:16 PM

Hi

I am ahead of the game.

I've booked mine for next year.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
And I've lost my hugs and I'm right fed up about that.
Comes to something when friendly hugs get zapped...a brand new low in my opinion.
What happened to the Season Of Goodwill on here hey?
Have you tried cutting out the middle man and write the word hug between two sets of colons?

ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Oh dear no hugs allowed it seems! Perhaps it's against flu hygiene regulations? Bah humbug
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am ahead of the game.

I've booked mine for next year.
You've booked your hugs for next year already?

Let's go!

Treat them with great respect, they're precious and highly collectible you know
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 10:57 PM

Of course they will be because the influenza vaccination alone is 44% of total vaccines! None of the programmes come anywhere close in terms of volume (the next proportion is 7% for pneumococcal). But flu vaccine is not an outlier in terms of the % of vaccines administered.
It's customary when putting up numbers and data to provide the source links Annie. Would you mind doing that for those percentages please so I can see what they are, i.e. coverage % etc
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
It's customary when putting up numbers and data to provide the source links Annie. Would you mind doing that for those percentages please so I can see what they are, i.e. coverage % etc
Doh! It's your own source Realist. You can work them out like I did - in excel!
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-12-2018, 11:24 PM

Doh! It's your own source Realist. You can work them out like I did - in excel!
Sorry Annie you're not being clear.

Specifically what percentages did you work out?

The % of the volumes of vaccines actually administered?

The % coverage of the population for each vaccine?

?

And are we talking about the VICP compensation data link I provided or are you going back to the ONS data now?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

18-12-2018, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Sorry Annie you're not being clear.

Specifically what percentages did you work out?

The % of the volumes of vaccines actually administered?

The % coverage of the population for each vaccine?

?

And are we talking about the VICP compensation data link I provided or are you going back to the ONS data now?
I am talking about the US stats report you posted about claims Realist. What are you talking about? You don't need a calculator to see that flu is by far the biggest vaccination programme.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

19-12-2018, 12:50 AM

I am talking about the US stats report you posted about claims Realist. What are you talking about? You don't need a calculator to see that flu is by far the biggest vaccination programme.
Ok I am with you now. It shows the number of doses administered from 2006 to 2016.

Ok, so yes, the flu vaccines have been administered to more people than any other vaccine, approx 1.3bn doses administered in that time compared to say Pneumococcal Conjugate vaccine for which there were 206,003,646 doses administered.

Surely what is important here is the ratio of successful and paid out compensation claims per number of vaccine doses administered?

So for flu vaccines there were 2571 paid out claims for 1.3bn vaccinations which equates to 1 claim per 498,873 vaccinations.

Unfortunately I can't cut/paste that pdf data into Excel and get any usable content, it all ends up in one column. That's likely my ineptitude with Excel, a product I really don't like. I'm an MS Access expert.

I manually calculated a few though and got these results:

Flu Vaccine: 1 paid out claim per 498,873 vaccinations given

Pneumococcal Conjugate: 1 claim per 4,291,742 vaccinations

MMR vaccine: 1 claim per 235,859 vaccinations

Tdap 1 claim per 661,803 vaccinations

Interesting ratios

Suggests that the MMR vaccine is more harmful than flu vaccine but that the flu vaccine is more harmful than the PC and Tdap vaccines

If you managed to get that data into Excel in a useful way would you be able to simply divide the number of doses administered for each vaccine (in first table) by the number of successful paid out claims (in 2nd table) to get the ratios for each vaccine. If so paste them up please.

We can then judge which are the most harmful vaccines.

Although there are other considerations here. There were actually 4,906 claims made for flu vaccine deaths/injuries but only 2,571 were agreed and paid out. That might indicate how difficult it is to get the right lawyers to get a case through in a system designed to pay out as little as possible. There may be other people hurt who couldn't afford to pay for lawyers to go to court.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

19-12-2018, 01:09 AM

Realist I have deleted the temporary working file which it took me a few mins to convert via notepad into a delimited version in excel. Yes I calculated ratios and flu does not have the highest claims ratio.

But in terms of claims vs number of doses distributed, none of the vaccinations have any significant %. They are all far less than zero %. This would indicate that vaccines are on the whole safe for the vast majority of the population.

There is no data on how much compensation was given by vaccine but I will bet that the large proportion of flu claims were for things such as allergic reaction to eggs or other ingredients. We don't have the details but it may be people claimed and then were thrown out of court because it usually lists eggs on the ingredients label.

Page 52 of 56 « First < 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top