Join for free
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:03 AM

Things you can't get anymore and you miss.......

As we all get a little older there are things that you once could buy and now can't....in my lifetime Concorde and VHS (although this has been replaced by the much better PVR) have both come and gone.......
How about Woolworths pick n mix?
Or the old school Mini, I remember having a Mini van in my youth, bloody deathtrap but such fun.
Or taking lemonade bottles back to the corner shop for the 10p deposit. More often than not, I stuck it in the Asteroids arcade machine which was in the shop.

What other things have disappeared from our lives that you look back at and think it's a shame that's no longer around?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:07 AM

Re: Things you can't get anymore and you miss.......

Spangles sweeties - i used to love those!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:07 AM

Sex??
MrFraggle
United Kingdom
MrFraggle is male  MrFraggle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:16 AM

Proper snooker clubs, where you could only see things that were lit up under the table lights. The rest was darkness, smoke and mystery.
Penny arcades.
Independent or family run butchers and fishmongers, no matter what the supmarkets would have you believe, their meat and fish is practically tasteless and the reason there are so many sauces available.
There are still one or two butchers in Edinburgh. More expensive but worth the extra for the superior quality and flavour.
Also hardware stores which were like an Aladdin's cave of wonders trying to figure out what a particular odd shaped tool could possibly be used for?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:19 AM

What other things have disappeared from our lives that you look back at and think it's a shame that's no longer around?

Capital punishment.
Cane.
Slipper.
Belt.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by MrFraggle ->
There are still one or two butchers in Edinburgh. More expensive but worth the extra for the superior quality and flavour.
Also hardware stores which were like an Aladdin's cave of wonders trying to figure out what a particular odd shaped tool could possibly be used for?
We still have quite a few of those here.

I miss Policemen. It was quite reassuring to see them walking through town - stopping for a chat - giving directions to lost tourists etc., Haven't seen one for years now - they are probably extinct.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 09:38 AM

Proper saveloys not these pinky things in orange skin you get today but proper made saveloy's that you could take the skin off and spread on the bread.
Pork pies with jelly in them not these dried up things that they sell these days with no taste.
Proper steak n kidney pies with loads of gravy in them straight out of the oven.
Red hot ham n egg pies.
I had better stop now my mouth is watering.

I do miss Newboulds bakery's we had a few in Middlesbrough when I was a kid and you could get all this stuff from there.
All gone now I believe.
MrFraggle
United Kingdom

27-11-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I miss Policemen. It was quite reassuring to see them walking through town - stopping for a chat - giving directions to lost tourists etc., Haven't seen one for years now - they are probably extinct.
Yep I can remember getting a clip round the ear if caught doing something I shouldn't which although painful it was less so than if he took you home and told your mum what you had been up to.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:05 AM

Proper butchers 'Faggots', Maynards fruit salad gums, rum & raisin chocolate, proper pickled onions in large jars on the counters of fish 'n chip shops. Dragon's blackberry pies and stewed blackberries, bacon, onion and stuffing suet puddings, Corona icecream soda. Train buffet cars.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 10:32 AM

Manners, sadly many people just don't know how to behave

Window winders in a car, far too easy to open windows these days, if I forget to put the child lock on we can be driving alone and suddenly realise we have a daft and Elsie labrador has opened her window

Acceptance others may have a different point of view and that's OK

Landscape photos, used to be a time people came back from holiday and showed you lots of beautiful areas, now all you get is gurning grinning fools staring into the camera from about three foot away.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top