Join for free
Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 01:05 PM

Re: Rice cooker surprise.

Originally Posted by mags ->
just to add my pennyworth......

keezoy has posted in the correct section, food and drink.

Recipes are discussed, utensils are discussed and there are people who learn different ideas and recipes from different countries.

End of pennyworth!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Jeeeeez!...I created a monster. Pleeeease!..I just want to ask whether anybody uses a rice cooker for things other than rice. If so what do they do. Like tonight I cooked a nice rich beef and wine filling for some Provincial French style pies. What should we call it?..Discussion?..chat?...Cabinet meeting?!..For god's sake why don't we call it Nigel. Let's have a nice cosy Nigel about rice cookers!..Chairperson?...THat could be me. I'm your huckelberry.. And agenda?....Well that would be rice cookers innit?...I'm sorry I asked...
Sounds like a good plan! I am intrigued now - might just have to go look at rice cookers!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

23-03-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Discussions are for those who want to tell us their opinions, but informal chats are for those who just want to share a few ideas.......both are allowed on this site.
Has Matron been round to give you your medicine yet Harbal?
There is no need to help Harbal, we managed very well without it before you arrived. The Mods are excellent here!
No, just pointing out that the mods are so good, we don't need any more help!
Not like you to be so hostile, Twink. Seems a fun thread to me.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not like you to be so hostile, Twink.
It must have been something I said.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Not like you to be so hostile, Twink. Seems a fun thread to me.
I wasn't being hostile, I was just pointing out that discussions & chats are allowed.... as Mags has already said!
I also remember that people who post a new thread want the topic not to be altered & I think the OP made it clear that he wanted to know what others cooked in their Rice cooker!
Harbal is relatively new, but if he had any problem with my posts he was at liberty to report them!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 02:20 PM

Harbal is relatively new, but if he had any problem with my posts he was at liberty to report them!
I don't look new, Twink.

I have no problem with your posts, and your reaction to mine was perfectly normal. In fact, quite typical.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I don't look new, Twink.

I have no problem with your posts, and your reaction to mine was perfectly normal. In fact, quite typical.
Thank you! The one about Matron was intended as a joke... as I am sure you know!
Harbal
South Yorkshire

23-03-2021, 02:39 PM

Thank you! The one about Matron was intended as a joke... as I am sure you know!
I know it was, Twink, and Matron was quite amused by it.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2021, 06:50 PM

Permission to speak? Harbal

Keezoy, Do rice cookers cook like a steamer? I steam all my vegetables.

As for cooking rice, l cook mine in the microwave in a steamer dish thing!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2021, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
[/I][/B]

Hmm?..Ok..I don't. I was told not to rinse it. You'll always find differing opinions.
I am afraid that is wrong, you definitely need to get rid of the starch to stop it clumping together or getting mushy especially if you are steaming it - ask any Asian. It only takes a few seconds two rinses is usually enough.

I don't rinse brown rice - waste of time

Page 4 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top