Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:21 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Good Morning Possums
I was just watching a programme, where a woman wanted to have the biggest bottom in the world!!!!!
Why I watch such rubbish is beyond me.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
not a spitfire fighter?

Gummy I thought I told, I'm a Lover not a Fighter.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 11:56 AM

This section of Scribbles has been running for two and a half years now, how long before the de-potentialization process is complete?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 12:26 PM

I was sent these by a friend.

Kids, you just gotta love em.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
This section of Scribbles has been running for two and a half years now, how long before the de-potentialization process is complete?
“Depotentialized” That’s a real cracker Spitty, had to scratch around a bit to figure that one out, anyway the answer is we should be paradoxically delimited any day now, I believe it doesn't hurt much, and you get a pen a badge and a cup of tea with a wholegrain biscuit afterwards, so you can stop worrying old bean.

“[…] and social) becomes a distinct realm of human praxis - and at the same time paradoxically delimited and depotentialized.”
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 12:44 PM

You can't beat the things kids come up with Sweetie, they never cease to amaze me. I love them.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

05-09-2018, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
You can't beat the things kids come up with Sweetie, they never cease to amaze me. I love them.
It made me smile, Jem. I have asked him to send me more.
His wife is a primary school teacher.

Talking of being a kid (Not a goat!), do you remember being asked what you wanted to be when you grew up?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-09-2018, 01:27 PM

I hadn't got much choice Sweetie to be honest, but I was lucky, most boys in my area left school at 14, the legal age here to do that, then went on to ride a messenger bike for the big stores in town, that's what I was doing when I made a delivery to a jewellers, they were looking for a boy to act as general dogsbody and were paying ten bob extra to what I was getting, eventually I was made an apprentice goldsmith and I've never looked back since.
I dearly would have loved to had a good education, but circumstances being what they were the family needed every penny that could be earned back then.

This is the hedge I trimmed yesterday, it's over six feet high. I'm happy enough doing the inside, but as I said once I go out to the street to cut the other side people kept stopping you to have a yap.

See those two telephone wooden poles, well they have been there since these houses were built in 1930, they are still as solid as a rock even with the extra TV and internet heavy cables attached, they knew how to make things last back then eh?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I hadn't got much choice Sweetie to be honest, but I was lucky, most boys in my area left school at 14, the legal age here to do that, then went on to ride a messenger bike for the big stores in town, that's what I was doing when I made a delivery to a jewellers, they were looking for a boy to act as general dogsbody and were paying ten bob extra to what I was getting, eventually I was made an apprentice goldsmith and I've never looked back since.
I dearly would have loved to had a good education, but circumstances being what they were the family needed every penny that could be earned back then.

This is the hedge I trimmed yesterday, it's over six feet high. I'm happy enough doing the inside, but as I said once I go out to the street to cut the other side people kept stopping you to have a yap.

See those two telephone wooden poles, well they have been there since these houses were built in 1930, they are still as solid as a rock even with the extra TV and internet heavy cables attached, they knew how to make things last back then eh?
Jem just a few comments re above: you mention you dearly would have loved to have had a good education [notice I spruced up the sentence a bit?] but Jem you keep amusing us well here all the time with a vast range an anecdotal comments stretching over milleniums of nonsensical information - and that is good not bad! most of your sentences are well structured and it is only occasionally that you lapse into gaelic and that is amusing rather than frustrating!

and now to your hedge - I seems that you have a certain pride about your hedge - your in fact six foot hedge that you point out so precisely. but let me ask you a question Jem - wouldn't it be much easier to trim a three foot hedge and you could do most of it standing on the inside. Psychologists will tell you that having a need for a furkin six foot hedge is a fear syndrome - a fear of people looking in and seeing perhaps how well off you really are - yes it gives you privacy but what are you really hiding? Now Jem when you go outside and trim your 6 FOOT HEDGE , you mention that people stop and talk to you about all sort of manner of things - that is good Jem - you are fulfilling an essential social function - people may be lonely and need to talk - what would be even better is that you invite them into that beautifully manicured garden for tea?

Anyway I do understand that I have given you many thoughts to ponder on there so will leave it as is at the moment. I could talk at length about the wear and tear on the light posts you mentioned and was even wondering how tall you are cos that goalpost looks pretty small to me?

still enough for now - how you don't mind me intruding but I am actually 6 foot 6 inches and so can see quite easily over your hedge - or are you just hedging your bets??

love to Phyllis as usual! xxx

ps: wot is the function of the 2 ft wooden fence?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-09-2018, 04:52 PM

Ahh Gummy, how nice of you, you really are a big softy under that rugged outdoor exterior, I tink yo kindly.

That hedge used to be much smaller, three feet to be exact, and one hadn’t a minutes peace with all the neighbours and everyone else gawking in as they passed, we wos like exhibits in a zoo, monkeys on display for all to watch, you see we are on the mouth of a cul-de-sac, there is a busy road at the front of the house.
I made that small fence to keep my dog Rocky 2 from escaping out under the hedge, he is not a very bright dog, in fact he’s an idiot by times and might do himself an injury should he get out.
The dog is called Rocky 2 because Rocky 1 died of old age, the wife’s idea not mine.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top