Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Re: Skype

Very interesting. Wouldn't it be good to see into and around someone's living room or bedroom! I'd have to make sure I have done a good tidy up first though!! Oh, and made sure I have my lippy on.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->
Very interesting. Wouldn't it be good to see into and around someone's living room or bedroom! I'd have to make sure I have done a good tidy up first though!! Oh, and made sure I have my lippy on.
Dunno. Haven't watched the video myself .

Will do now ...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat ->

And clothes, Joy
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
Cheshire Cat is female  Cheshire Cat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-12-2013, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
And clothes, Joy
Oh thought it was compulsory to leave them off.
valice
Chatterbox
Wirral UK
valice is female  valice has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-12-2013, 10:52 AM

Someone said you must put some credit on account, I never have done.
Some people like my 98 year old aunt who uses skype, i just write them a message, rather than speak face to face. You can also send a message to someone who is offline, they will pick it up when they come online again.
At least that is the theory, sometimes it's been known to get these 2 weeks later!!
Had twins on skype yesterday in Romania, they were watching their half brother and sister opening their christmas presents here in England.
In fact a couple of years ago my son got stranded in Munich at christmas, and had to see the twins open their presents via skype.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Someone said you must put some credit on account, I never have done.
That was me and immediately after I realised that if you don't use SKYPE to make phone calls to landlines then you don't really need to put creidit on so correction there.

When I am not in UK I use SKYPE for all my calls to whoever, I even have another account for the lap top in the motorhome so I can call anyone, anywhere, for less than 1.4p a minute, it's so cheap that I don't even think about the cost now.

As we've said SKYPE to SKYPE is free and if that's all you want to do then no need to add any credit to the account.

The one thing that really annoys me is how many firms only ever put an 0800 number on their web sites, these numbers are quite expensive to call on SKYPE mostly when I call a firm in Germany there is always a choice of numbers, it just shows how blinkered so many firms in UK are.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2013, 02:08 PM

My Son sends me family videos over the skype, it's handy for larger files that are too big for email.
Cheshire Cat
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

25-12-2013, 07:51 PM

Used Skye for the first time today. It was fantastic seeing and chatting with son on Christmas Day. I was beginning to think I'd never get round to using it.

Hope its not long until we do it again.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2013, 09:44 PM

I'm sure he was delighted to see you too CC.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-12-2013, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
My Son sends me family videos over the skype, it's handy for larger files that are too big for email.
He might be better off using Dropbox for this purpose. It will (probably) take less time to upload and the recipients can get the downloads/videos when it suites them (eg off peak times) or automatically.

There are a few services like this including Google Drive

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top