Join for free
Page 941 of 1676 « First < 441 841 891 931 939 940 941 942 943 951 991 1041 1441 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:20 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
RJ, I could do a Proxy 10,000 post on your behalf, in your style whaddah ya fink?
I think you are becoming far too colloquial for a man of your articulation and vocabulary.

thanks for offering to be my......agent, alternate, ambassador
appointee catchpole commissioner consul, deputy emissary
envoy factor front legate member member of Congress
minister mouthpiece nominee people's choice pinch hitter
plenipotentiary proxy regent rep replacement senator spokesperson stand-in substitute surrogate
viceroy

I am gra\tefuil to Mr Roget for the words borrowed above
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:33 AM

I have decided not to venture to London today. The traffic after this mornings incident has put me off. I will be taking a trip to the New Forest instead.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
RJ, I could do a Proxy 10,000 post on your behalf, in your style whaddah ya fink?
I didn't think I had a style unless you would describe
STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS as a style.

But hold fast, I may need to have available some devastating and/or Withering comments to demolish my detractors, currently proposing to roast me.

PAUSE FOR THOUGHT.
St Lawrenceg roasted

After the martyr had suffered pain for a long time, the legend concludes, he cheerfully declared: "I'm well done on this side. Turn me over!"[8][10] From this derives his patronage of cooks, chefs, and comedians.

wiki
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 10:47 AM

Just finding out what listening to the fool on the Hill, over and over again can do to you, especially if he is you Tor-Mentor.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 03:06 PM

Just for a bit of fun I went right back to the past with regard to this thread "Leisurely Scribbles" - looked at why it started ; what it became and who were the first crew on 'star ship scribbles"!

essentially the crew consisted of Captain Jem and his merry band of men - Pug ; Spittie ; RJ ; and Gumbud ! surprise ; surprise !! there were a few newbies for the first few dozen threads but they never stayed the course ; littlebob ; Solo and a few others. Littledog showed the most promise but surprisingly suddenly petered out and last posted in 2015?

More recently Solo has briefly re-appeared but then disappeared again and our bright new star Sweetie Pie seems to have come to stay?

Happy postings fellow scribblers!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 03:24 PM

Y'know why the writers cumman go,gummy?
Hmm?
It's because,unlike yoon I,they have a peculiar and unforseeable thing called 'a life'. [So I'm informed] Now,I live in a land in which young minds come willingly to learn of gavitational variance in vacuum,or why photons are twinned regarding their actions regardless of distance between them...or even merely to understand what causes a 'gas giant' to coalesce from a sparce,galactically scattered cloud of sub-particulates,into a spherical,[usually-not always] mutually-attracted formation,which then attracts it's own satellites into orbit around it,but which don't 'join the melee',plus other things of similar nature.
Ok....then there's tales from the omnipotent jeweller,who has a standing FAR above that of mere goons such as I,the excellent engineer,with true stories of incidents,occasions and events,which have enlivened a career...the true story behind each individual is as fascinating as the persona displayed for mere entertainment value.
HOWEVER [he said,in capitals] ALL [see? more capitals!] this,this enduring thread,the thousands of posts,the flounces,the entries,the offerings,the jokes,the 'friendly fire',even the allowing them pesky women to join in....ALL [yep-those capitals again] is down to,and soley due to,our 'El Capitan', the mighty GUMBUD! [the unwashed masses are cheering wildly at this point] So-all hail GUMBUD!!!

[and don't you EVER ask me to say sumfink nice again!!!]
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 03:31 PM

Gee thanks Mr Pug - a soliloquy indeed ma man! - wot can I say - the cheque is in the post ma man! [ps: but I did request NO CAPITALS?]
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 03:33 PM

Life is a cop-out for folks with no staying power!!!!
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2018, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
Gee thanks Mr Pug - a soliloquy indeed ma man! - wot can I say - the cheque is in the post ma man! [ps: but I did request NO CAPITALS?]
Kinnell...I NOO there was sumfink I'd did rong...but I fort ''The Mighty Gumbud'' [all hail his eminence!] will forgive me-and might even let me be on top for a change-iffn I say sumfink nice. [A cheque? My,how quaint!]
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK

14-08-2018, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
We made a bad mistake there Pug, sure enough we should have stuck with our punts and punted our way out of trouble, now we’re slowly drifting down the Swanee without a paddle.
I made a wise move at the time of the change over, I invested £2,000 in a 20 ounce bar of gold and stuck it in the wife’s safety deposit box in the bank, I see todays gold price is $1,226.60 per ounce, a nice little earner just sitting there, some greedy folks would say I should have invested more, but I’m not greedy and I say be grateful for small mercies.

Oh to have a bar of gold
To comfort me when I grow old
No use having a stash of cash
Euros are useless and go in a flash.

I am confused.Is this the beginning, or the end of the beginning or the beginning of the end?

Page 941 of 1676 « First < 441 841 891 931 939 940 941 942 943 951 991 1041 1441 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top