Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:01 AM

Sideboards

What do you store in yours?

Mine is being delivered this afternoon. As I mentioned in one thread, I want my prescription medication boxes to go in one drawer, but not sure what I should be putting in the other one, and the shelves themselves.

It is my first ever sideboard, (Freya, large, from Dunelm) so will be a novelty. Never had the room before.

I had thought of putting all Holly’s food trays/sachets in part, but then, it would be an expensive dog food storage. But then this would free up a kitchen cupboard, and I could de clutter the top of the kitchen work top, for instance.

Any ideas, thanks?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:02 AM

Re: Sideboards

https://www.dunelm.com/product/freya...Genie+Shopping
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:06 AM

I have a really old sideboard I painted.
I have printer paper in one drawer, paperwork in the other and lots of wool in the cupboard.
They're very handy!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-09-2020, 09:15 AM

If I had a power point on that wall, which I don’t, I would have liked the printer on top, and paper and such inside. If I push it up against the tiny partition wall to the kitchen entrance, I might be able to feed an extension lead (which would need to be fixed so it doesn’t trail).
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:16 AM

I still have one we got when we got married from a swedish furniture center.

Now it hold camera lens boxes and on top , inside cables and dvd discs

79 inches long

In other words something to dump all and sundry in

the other has cutlery in and dining articles like place mats etc ( not shown)
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-09-2020, 09:21 AM

It will go on this wall.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	387A049D-EB8B-440E-83B1-2F2A978203DB.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	13694  
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
It will go on this wall.
What's on the other side of that wall Jazzi?
If there is a mains plug socket on the other side, it would be a simple job to push some wires through the wall to give you a socket for your printer.....

Nice Sideboard by the way....My granddaughter works in Dunelm, she gets me 10% off all our stuff....
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
What do you store in yours?

Mine is being delivered this afternoon. As I mentioned in one thread, I want my prescription medication boxes to go in one drawer, but not sure what I should be putting in the other one, and the shelves themselves.

It is my first ever sideboard, (Freya, large, from Dunelm) so will be a novelty. Never had the room before.

I had thought of putting all Holly’s food trays/sachets in part, but then, it would be an expensive dog food storage. But then this would free up a kitchen cupboard, and I could de clutter the top of the kitchen work top, for instance.

Any ideas, thanks?
Jazzi I think that having more worktop space in your kitchen would be very useful. You are often dealing with hot things in the kitchen and you or Holly could easily be burned if you don't have a safe space to put something hot down, in an emergency.
Your sideboard is lovely and I would try to see how things fit into it, before you decide what should go where. In the end you will find a way that suits you best!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 09:59 AM

Lovely sideboard Jazzi I don't have one in my minimalist sitting room just a small desk to hold a plant/lamp/laptop.

The more draws and cupboards I have the more clutter I store and I don't need that.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

15-09-2020, 10:30 AM

Thanks folks, for your kind comments. I have a Bromley tv unit in same room but the Freya was slightly larger, still same colour.

The kitchen is the other side. I have two double sockets on opposing walls. One is where the micro, mini oven and WM are plugged into (extension lead), and as it is high, I could feed an extension cable up around the frame, over, and into next room, down the frame again, and have the plug sockets either resting on top of the unit, or screwed to the side. I wouldn’t like to start drilling holes on the side closest to where the unit is going, or feed an extension along the back wall, as that is where the kettle is.

But would you believe, a neighbour’s funeral, 2 doors away, is going to be smack bang in the middle of my delivery slot. I tried speaking to CSD but they just advised waiting to hear when driver calls, and hope they don’t clash, or try for delivery tomorrow. They can’t change the slot. My road is extremely narrow and I wouldn’t like the funeral procession to be held up in this way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top