Join for free
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 01:10 PM

Re: Taking the Knee on F1

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
No I don't agree with taking the knee.

And as for Lewis Hamilton saying he is the only black F1 driver ever !

Sorry for being pedantic, but Lewis you are not Black...you are of mixed race, you enjoyed/had a privileged upbringing compared to most.
This exactly.

He's rich and pampered and lives in Monaco for tax reasons. If he wants to be invested in black lives, why doesn't he use some of his vast wealth to create school scholarships, training schemes or even youth centres in inner city areas?

No. He'd rather live a hedonistic life pontificating and sneering at others while driving for a company complicit in the rise Nazism.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 01:33 PM

I was a great supporter of Hamilton but after the way he behaved on the weekend, I'm disgusted with him. I'm sure that his behaviour will have lost him many fans and followers but it serves him right. No more willing him to win from me anymore.

Politics is killing sport of all kind at the moment, I'm pleased Wimbledon was cancelled this year as I'm sure it will have crept into tennis as well.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 01:34 PM

Really? He wore a padlock and chain around his neck?

All I can say is if he's so bothered about black rights and their welfare he ought to get out of the past, go to Africa and charitably go and help those struggling to survive in the present, and then perhaps we (largely the white man) won't always get bombarded with TV adverts begging for money for them.
If we whites are that bad they can look after themselves.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 01:59 PM

I don't - and won't - bend my knee to anyone!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I was disgusted watching some of the drivers 'Takin the Knee' and proud of the brave drivers who didn't. I hate what Lewis Hamilton has done to the sport, allowing him to wear a lock and chain around his neck, with Mercedes pandering to his whim and providing a black racing car. Politics has no place in sport!
It felt strange after all these years supporting Hamilton and hoping to see him win, but last night while watching the highlights on ch4 for the first time in my life I didn't want Hamilton [A British Driver] to win......As far as I'm concerned he is now the enemy! Any thoughts? Am I being too critical?

If I'm not mistaken the above is a request for my thoughts. So I'll give them. You've all given yours and they seem very definite to me. Mine are a little different. Yes I suspect that many people are just "jumping on the bandwagon" with the BLM movement. I can't say I'm a fan of Lewis Hamilton. But only because he's a British driver and he's the competition. I'm a fan of Daniel Ricardo because he's an Aussie. He's a fine young man and he makes us proud. But I love F1 and I'm not going to let any one driver or his behaviour spoil it for me. It's a great sport and it's bigger than any one man. If people want to take the knee - whoever they are, as far as I'm concerned they can. But - the black racing car and the neck lock?.. A bit embarrassing yes.A bit cringeworthy.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 02:52 PM

He has to do what he has to do.
If he didn’t the BLM activists wouldn’t be all over him like a rash.
I am not a fan of his, I find him arrogant, with the attitude that, ‘I am F1’
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 02:56 PM

I lost interest in F1 racing about 4 years ago when it became super-safe, less fast and far less noisy. As for Hamilton, I was a fan until I read what a hedonistic lifestyle he was having off the track (including owning his own private jet, bought tax free through the Isle of Man, no less!). Now, I consider him to be a complete waste of oxygen and Mercedes would do well to be shot of him. This may be the case at the end of this season as he will be out of contract then and is reportedly demanding £40M as a minimum signing back on fee. Toto Wolf has said £20M because all teams will have a strict budget limit for each year starting Jan 1.
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 03:07 PM

A private jet and he has an opinion about climate change too.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I was disgusted watching some of the drivers 'Takin the Knee' and proud of the brave drivers who didn't.
What exactly is it?
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2020, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
These people are not 'brave' in my eyes, Foxy, they are just like Sheep following others.
Taking A Knee Is A Masonic Ritual.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top