Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 02:22 PM

Re: Animals and their uses

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
I don't particularly like animal cruelty for the sake of it. Unlike you (saw one of your posts when you were Terantula), I also prefer to afford them "rights".
Well said.

Meat and leather don't tend to include prolonged and known cruelty in an animal's rearing, and their end is swift and relatively humane in most cases. So IMHO your point fails on that side.
Again - well said - have you been reading my mind again, you naughty person!

As for animals used for testing meds, it may well be seen as a necessary evil in certain cases.
It may have justifiable at one time, Dex, but science and technology have progressed so much I am not sure about it now. They would be better off testing on murderers/rapists etc., Rumour has it they are 'human' so they would have a more accurate reaction.

As for the meds themselves, does anyone check the specific provenance of their development before use?
I try to but it is not always possible. I do check 'country of origin' - as I do with most things - and will not touch anything french or chinese.

There is, however, no possible justification for testing household products/cosmetics on animals.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 02:27 PM

Wrong. Animals are not here to be 'used'. Animals just luke humans have every right to live their life without being used or abused for anything.

Animals just like us have feelings. They show love and fear and also th3y feel pain.

For me life wouldnt be the same without animals. My animals bring me so much pleasure and i have a deep love for them. Much more love than some humans.

My pets are so innocent and rely on me.

From what ive seen the humans purpose is to destroy the planet and all that lives on it.

In a nutshell amimals should be placed above humans, they have so much more compassion.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Ref- Meds testing
It may have justifiable at one time, Dex, but science and technology have progressed so much I am not sure about it now. They would be better off testing on murderers/rapists etc., Rumour has it they are 'human' so they would have a more accurate reaction.

Ref: Meds provenance
I try to but it is not always possible. I do check 'country of origin' - as I do with most things - and will not touch anything french or chinese.

There is, however, no possible justification for testing household products/cosmetics on animals.
Think we tend to agree on the above.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 02:29 PM

monkeypuzzle
United Kingdom
monkeypuzzle is female 

01-08-2020, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Wrong. Animals are not here to be 'used'. Animals just luke humans have every right to live their life without being used or abused for anything.

Animals just like us have feelings. They show love and fear and also th3y feel pain.

For me life wouldnt be the same without animals. My animals bring me so much pleasure and i have a deep love for them. Much more love than some humans.

My pets are so innocent and rely on me.

From what ive seen the humans purpose is to destroy the planet and all that lives on it.

In a nutshell amimals should be placed above humans, they have so much more compassion.
That's a joke, a cat doesn't show any compassion to a mouse or rat. A wild animal like a lion will chase its prey then devour it.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by monkeypuzzle ->
That's a joke, a cat doesn't show any compassion to a mouse or rat. A wild animal like a lion will chase its prey then devour it.
Ok, compassion is the wrong word but I feel much more love from my animals than I do from some humans! My dog gives me unconditional love.

Some people are wild animals.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:01 PM

I believe they are now testing meds for Corona virus on humans, along with the vaccines, so when humans are overtaken by robots I wonder if those robots will justify their actions, by experimenting on people who were less kind to animals and viewed them as inferior beings?

Just asking, as humans will not remain top of the pile forever!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

01-08-2020, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I believe they are now testing meds for Corona virus on humans, along with the vaccines, so when humans are overtaken by robots I wonder if those robots will justify their actions, by experimenting on people who were less kind to animals and viewed them as inferior beings?

Nope, the Daleks will be.............EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE (HUMANS) LOL
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->

Isaac Asimov established the 3 Laws of Robotics in 1942. These are:
1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2. A robot must obey the orders given it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

Asimov later added the "Zeroth" Law, which takes precedence over the above 3 Laws: A robot may not harm humanity, or, by inaction, allow humanity to come to harm.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2020, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Nope, the Daleks will be.............EXTERMINATE, EXTERMINATE (HUMANS) LOL
Well if they EXTERMINATE the right ones, could you get a job lot of tickets so the animal lovers on here can send their pets to enjoy the celebrations?

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top