Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 09:15 PM

Re: Rap Music "Beware possible swear words involved."

Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
I can't stand to hear "rap music". It's disgusting. Foul mouthed , low class, so-called "music artists".

Absolutely no respect for women.

The world would be much better off without those people.
With the so-called gangsta rap, I'd agree with you but the likes of Eminem are a bit more articulate. I became a fan of his (if that's the word) when one of my granddaughters introduced him to me several years ago. His raps at least tell a story.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2020, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
Then why the fukk you listening to it you plum.
Now, now. Don't be nasty. Based on your language, I'm not a bit surprised that you do/did listen to it.
I never said I listened to it. However, there are a few places I go to buy something and I can't help but hear it. A week or so ago, I went to buy a car part and the kids who worked there had it playing. Ruined my entire morning. GRR.
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-08-2020, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
Now, now. Don't be nasty. Based on your language, I'm not a bit surprised that you do/did listen to it.
I never said I listened to it. However, there are a few places I go to buy something and I can't help but hear it. A week or so ago, I went to buy a car part and the kids who worked there had it playing. Ruined my entire morning. GRR.
Sorry mate you are right I should not show my teeth so quickly or start name calling.
Guess some days this PC society gets to me and the rebel in me wants out.
Like Judd I believe Eminem is in a class of his own his music as so much meaning and really does not get the accolades it deserves in some quarters.
Gangsta Rap yes a lot of it is in your face stuff but there are a few good ones out there female rappers as well they give as good as they get.

I would like to play some of R.Kellys but after reading various story's on that guy I kinda stopped buying and playing his music.
Having 4 grand daughters you can quite understand why.
Yes rappers can be a rough crowd but there are some good sounds out there.

longfellow
Chatterbox

15-08-2020, 08:34 AM

longfellow
Chatterbox

15-08-2020, 08:45 AM

Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 06:14 PM

JeanMcP
Ireland
JeanMcP is female  JeanMcP has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2020, 07:14 PM

Oh wow, a walk down memory lane

I think I shock the grandkids sometimes when they hear what Im listening too

Eminem is pure genius, no one can touch him with his lyrics

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top