Join for free
Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 09:57 AM

Re: &#@%!?

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Here they are. Our glorious leaders from the past. Still trying to overturn Brexit.
They really are pathetic.

Made my day thanks for posting.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:37 AM

Good news. Yes, the EU seems to be falling apart!

I have said before that Brexit will have wider consequences than our simply leaving the dictatorship.

We helped to save the whole of Europe from a severe threat 70 years ago. It looks like we might be about to save them again, this time from a Franco-German alliance!
It turned out to be a Franco/ German alliance last time too JBR
didnt it?
I remember we had to neutralise the French fleet because we
couldnt trust them then as well??
Seems history repeats itself !

Donkeyman! 😟😟
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
It turned out to be a Franco/ German alliance last time too JBR
didnt it?
I remember we had to neutralise the French fleet because we
couldnt trust them then as well??
Seems history repeats itself !
Yes, in a way it was.

The Frogs gave up before it really started and then the Vichy Frogs allied themselves with the Nazis.

I suspect that, despite their posturing and bluster, the Frogs are always likely to hold up their hands and wave their white flags as soon as they are confronted.

All in all, I find them a bit of a joke!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Yes, in a way it was.

The Frogs gave up before it really started and then the Vichy Frogs allied themselves with the Nazis.

I suspect that, despite their posturing and bluster, the Frogs are always likely to hold up their hands and wave their white flags as soon as they are confronted.

All in all, I find them a bit of a joke!
Pétain was too old, the Lion of Verdun had lost his roar by 1940.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

18-09-2020, 11:30 AM

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...K-latest-talks

An ex-MEP, who you wouldn't want to bandy words with.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-09-2020, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...K-latest-talks

An ex-MEP, who you wouldn't want to bandy words with.
She is indeed a strong woman who most male MPs would fear to argue with!

With people like her and Nigel, the Brexit/Reform party could really make improvements to this country and for its people.

I'm happy to support Boris if he continues to fight our corner, and I'm sure he will. However, if he should slip, Ann and Boris are waiting!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2020, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A personal view.

I do not think that this is as simple as many think.

Boris altered the WA after slagging off the May Version.

He presented it as a huge victory and an oven ready Brexit.

He signed it on our behalf, a legal agreement with the eu.

He now realises it was a mistake.

He is now blaming the eu.

Nobody is going to trust us while he is PM.

Boris knew from the beginning the irish protocol couldn't be squared with his promisses. As early as february he was planning to break the WA: Johnson's Brexit team seeks to evade Irish Sea checks on goods. https://fr.reuters.com/article/uk-br...-idINKCN20H05A
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/b...oods-mv3pqjkcm

Boris Johnson’s Brexit team has been ordered to draw up plans to “get around” the Northern Ireland protocol in the Brexit withdrawal agreement so the prime minister can play hardball with Brussels over trade.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

12-10-2020, 12:47 PM

https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...Michel-Barnier

It's the lie which underpins the entire stalling of Brexit by the way. That the moment we leave the benign, guiding arms of Brussels we will start making teddy bears out of asbestos and forcing nine-year-olds to make running shoes instead of learning their times tables. The fact that most of our legislation exactly mirrors the EU's, apart from the bits like our employment laws, which are of course much stronger, is wilfully ignored by the EU's Brexit negotiating machine simply to turn the screws on Britain and extract a more punishing deal.

Today that particular piece of EU bulls**t has been called out spectacularly by wonderful Norway.

The good people of Oslo and the fjords, with a national population of five million, are so disgusted with the corrupt, self-serving morality of the EU they have taken direct action against the EU fascists and homophobes.

That's Norway remember – not even a member of the EU - holding the EU's ethical bankruptcy to account.

Brave, fabulous, Norway – a nation prepared to risk economic reprisals from Brussels rather than compromise its integrity and clear position on state totalitarianism in Hungary and rampant homophobia in Poland.

They of course risk an economic backlash from Brussels (and are clearly “breaking international law in a very specific way”) and this makes them to be even more thoroughly applauded.

But why are they important to Britain? And why today?

Because Mr Banier and his buddies have been using the EU's moral and ethical values as a stick to beat Britain with since the Brexit vote of 2016. The issue over the increasingly hated Withdrawal Agreement is basically Barnier saying “we have a higher moral code than you Brits and we don't trust you to adhere to it.”

It's insulting nonsense of course.

The EU cares about money and power.

It cares not one jot about morality.

The leaders of four groups in the European Parliament recently told politics website Politico “we must also remember that our values are not for sale.”

But they absolutely, demonstrably, are.

While Norway has taken direct action the EU has done nothing. Because Brussels taking to task two member states would threaten the unity of the EU project and thus threaten bloc's grip on power.

So while von der Leyen basically says “aren't our Polish and Hungarian boys naughty” the EU doles out uncountable riches from the €750Bn bailout fund.

No questions asked.

Norway has chosen the way of honour while the EU turns a blind eye to the racists, homophobes and fascists in its midst.

Don't want to get too Biblical here but “by their friends shall ye know them” seems apposite.

And, as the EU's mates seem to be homophobes and racists maybe it really is time we got ourselves some new pals.

Me? I want to be best buddies with Norway.

&#@%!?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

12-10-2020, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/ex...Michel-Barnier

&#@%!?
Yes, we should be aware that other nations, both outside of the EU and within, are watching the behaviour of the EU 'negotiators'.

It is not only we who believe they are not actually negotiating, but demanding and threatening. I'm sure that must be apparent to anyone of any nationality who has been following the Brexit discussions.

I look forward to seeing how that will have influenced the EU's relationship with the rest of the world in the future.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2020, 02:08 PM

Yes, we should be aware that other nations, both outside of the EU and within, are watching the behaviour of the EU 'negotiators'.

It is not only we who believe they are not actually negotiating, but demanding and threatening. I'm sure that must be apparent to anyone of any nationality who has been following the Brexit discussions.

I look forward to seeing how that will have influenced the EU's relationship with the rest of the world in the future.
You need not worry jbr, during the last ten years both exports and imports have steadily been increasing for the EU27 (so UK excluded).
https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statis...trade_in_goods

Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 10 11 12 13 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top