Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 08:11 AM

Re: Credit Scores

Hi

Credit Cards are important if you travel.

They have protections in built.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Sounds like no one on here ever had a Mortgage!
Oh yes Spitty I had a mortgage until i was 60 .

What i am shocked at it the interest rate . While in Debenhams i was offered a credit card I think I it was 28 % or thereabouts .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Credit Cards are important if you travel.

They have protections in built.
Credit cards are 'cards of convenience ' to me nothing to with credit and they have many uses . They allow me to pay for goods and services without carrying cash, insure some purchases over a certain amount and provide me with vouchers to spend in Waitrose/JL four times a year from point earned on purchases.

I once bought my son a new walkman for his birthday and managed to drop and break it before I got it home. I was so glad I had paid for it with my Credit Card which meant it was insured and replaced for free .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2020, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Credit cards are 'cards of convenience ' to me nothing to with credit and they have many uses . They allow me to pay for goods and services without carrying cash, insure some purchases over a certain amount and provide me with vouchers to spend in Waitrose/JL four times a year from point earned on purchases.

I once bought my son a new walkman for his birthday and managed to drop and break it before I got it home. I was so glad I had paid for it with my Credit Card which meant it was insured and replaced for free .
Hi

Exactly right.

I always have enough to pay for things.

They are an Insurance Policy.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top