Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:02 AM

How Irelands Falsely Inflated Economy Could See it Leave the Block

Great article here from Graham Gudgin on how overseas companies, routing profits through Ireland have contributed to Irelands falsely inflated economy. As a result it means Ireland is forced to make disproportional payments to the EU coffers.

It's no wonder that 39 billion divorce bill is demanded by Ireland, if it isn't paid, then Ireland are responsible for a big chunk of the shortfall in the EU budget.

This is more reason for Ireland to leave the EU.

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/di...nts-to-the-eu/
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:42 AM

Re: How Irelands Falsely Inflated Economy Could See it Leave the Block

Very interesting read Bread.

Can’t say I am surprised the chickens are coming home to roost for Ireland. One could certainly be tempted to gloat by saying they deserve all that is coming at them for using the Greek system of accounting in order to make themselves look cash healthy, but then, just as it was here, it’s not the pro-EU fat cat elite of Ireland who have been making megabucks by shaping Ireland to be the tax-haven that ensured they were one of the teams on or near the top table. No, as usual it is the ordinary people that will suffer, it’s every man, woman and child that struggle to make a living that will feel the pinch once these eye-watering contributions to the EU becomes known because their government has been lying though its teeth.

I’m sure the Irish electorate will be really grateful to the likes of Varadkar for the part he has played in their impending doom. Not that he will be worried as he is already setting his sight on a plum EU job and will be far away from the chaos of the Irish economy that is to come.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 10:58 AM

I wish Eire would come out of eurofilth - and that they would drown the veruka in a bog somewhere!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I wish Eire would come out of eurofilth - and that they would drown the veruka in a bog somewhere!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->

Check out what Varadkars parents thought of the British by having a Google and seeing what groups they belonged to.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Great article here from Graham Gudgin on how overseas companies, routing profits through Ireland have contributed to Irelands falsely inflated economy. As a result it means Ireland is forced to make disproportional payments to the EU coffers.

It's no wonder that 39 billion divorce bill is demanded by Ireland, if it isn't paid, then Ireland are responsible for a big chunk of the shortfall in the EU budget.

This is more reason for Ireland to leave the EU.

https://briefingsforbritain.co.uk/di...nts-to-the-eu/
Ever since the 1990ies there were predictions of the EU imploding. Up until now only a small chip got loose of the bloc.

39 bn ? No, this year you already payed off 11bn of that debt.
You want to break an international agreement on that debt you described to? Of course, but only a third world country could not be trusted on it's signature.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-09-2020, 01:53 PM

I know I shouldn't, I know one shouldn't be joyous at a small country being taken to task by the bullying EU, BUT...

Talk about a kick in the teeth to little old pat on the head Ireland. The same country that wasn’t worried in the least about not backing its nearest neighbour the UK, being set upon by the London based Remainers and the EU before Brexit and then for the last four years. They were cosying up so well to their masters while they were of use, It was a case of 'To hell with the UK, I’m alright Jack!.'
They were after all, on the winning side, Remainers in London and the great EU. Unfortunately, they chose the losing side.

Now they have served their useful purpose, how has the EU rewarded them? Fully expecting Ireland to be chosen with their candidate for Trade Commissioner to replace Irishman Phil Hogan who Varadkar and Martin encouraged to resign, guess what? The lucrative trade portfolio didn’t go to them, it has been given to Valdis Dombrovskis of Latvia.
Boing! There goes any chance of the Irish having any future clout. That, along with the billions extra they will now be paying into EU coffers because of their mistaken belief that because they deliberately used Greek accounting to carry on as the new tax haven of the EU, has just smacked them in the face for a second time. It just brings a smile to my face.
Sorry, but what are those cliches? oh yes, 'what goes around comes around' and 'Revenge is a dish best served cold'
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-09-2020, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Thank you for the linked article. A quote from it:

The EU hates this but has been powerless to stop it. The recent EU ruling that the Irish government should reclaim 13 billion euros (£11.5bn)*from Apple in underpaid taxes has been thrown out by the ECJ, but Brussels is unlikely to give up.*

That seems to indicate that the European Court of Justice went against the EU. Who says the ECJ is not independent of the EU?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

08-09-2020, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
I know I shouldn't, I know one shouldn't be joyous at a small country being taken to task by the bullying EU, BUT...

Talk about a kick in the teeth to little old pat on the head Ireland. The same country that wasn’t worried in the least about not backing its nearest neighbour the UK, being set upon by the London based Remainers and the EU before Brexit and then for the last four years. They were cosying up so well to their masters while they were of use, It was a case of 'To hell with the UK, I’m alright Jack!.'
They were after all, on the winning side, Remainers in London and the great EU. Unfortunately, they chose the losing side.

Now they have served their useful purpose, how has the EU rewarded them? Fully expecting Ireland to be chosen with their candidate for Trade Commissioner to replace Irishman Phil Hogan who Varadkar and Martin encouraged to resign, guess what? The lucrative trade portfolio didn’t go to them, it has been given to Valdis Dombrovskis of Latvia.
Boing! There goes any chance of the Irish having any future clout. That, along with the billions extra they will now be paying into EU coffers because of their mistaken belief that because they deliberately used Greek accounting to carry on as the new tax haven of the EU, has just smacked them in the face for a second time. It just brings a smile to my face.
Sorry, but what are those cliches? oh yes, 'what goes around comes around' and 'Revenge is a dish best served cold'
Stabbing Ireland in the back by the EU over the years has become a tradition.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

08-09-2020, 02:45 PM

Knowing the EU, If there had been any way they could have taken a slice of those enormous sums from the tax profiteering of the Irish, there would without doubt, never have been a court case. But, there you go, the EU don't like to be made to look foolish, especially by Dublin, they will still get the cut that they lost out on with the eye-watering contributions the Irish will in future be forking out to whatever fund.
They both deserve each other.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top