Join for free
Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 08:52 PM

Re: UK Legal Position on the Northern Ireland Protocol

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Yes, that's the whole point. It is 7 countries short of becoming valid.
Accession is the same as ratification. There are a handful that have signed but not ratified. Others have either become a party through ratification, succession or ascension as well as or instead of signing. The US is the only significant economy in the signed only list.

What that means is that any country that is on the ascension, succession or ratification list is a party and that's most of the countries in the world. It's been in force since 1980 so I think we would know by now if it wasn't legal!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
If that is the case Percy, then nothing that has happened since 1986
has been legal ??
Lets hope so !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Do you reckon someone would have noticed in 40 years?!
Glanny
N.Ireland
Glanny is female  Glanny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 07:56 AM

Excellent posts Shropshire Girl and Percy.
What hypocrites they are! And Barnier saying the withdrawl agreement has nothing to do with the peace agreement!
The more I think about it the more I think this is all about the fishing rights. I reckon by blocking food and trade between GB and NI the EU are doing their best to force a united Ireland so they will then have fishing rights in all Irish waters.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Do you reckon someone would have noticed in 40 years?!
Nobody noticed that our fishing was sneakily being stolen for
40 years Annie!!

Donkeyman! 😇😇
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
What hypocrites they are! And Barnier saying the withdrawl agreement has nothing to do with the peace agreement!
The more I think about it the more I think this is all about the fishing rights. I reckon by blocking food and trade between GB and NI the EU are doing their best to force a united Ireland so they will then have fishing rights in all Irish waters.
Theres many a true word spoken in jest Glanny ???

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Glanny ->
Thanks Glanny

More reading around and I've discovered that the Withdrawal Agreement is a law in the UK and Norn Iron ONLY. It doesn't apply as a law anywhere within the EU or the rest of the world so, Barnier et al can shove it up their cute little derrières and s(h)it on it. Boris, carry on with what you're doing mate, you're not breaking any International laws.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:38 AM

Good for Boris in getting the bill through despite the opposition and cowardice from some on his own benches.
As for the EU, can someone tell me - when Boris claimed that the EU had put a revolver on the table by threatening that some agri foodstuffs may not be allowed to trade tariff free between our four unions, hence Boris's drastic action, why did they not come right out and deny it? why not to defuse the 'untruths' told by the UK, say explicity that this was a lie, that under no circumstances, would they ever resort to charging tariffs between the mainland and NI.? Why? because they are the liars. They must have said it or they would be up on their high horse to prove they didn't. So good for Boris, play them at their own dirty game.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Good for Boris in getting the bill through despite the opposition and cowardice from some on his own benches.
As for the EU, can someone tell me - when Boris claimed that the EU had put a revolver on the table by threatening that some agri foodstuffs may not be allowed to trade tariff free between our four unions, hence Boris's drastic action, why did they not come right out and deny it? why not to defuse the 'untruths' told by the UK, say explicitly that this was a lie, that under no circumstances, would they ever resort to charging tariffs between the mainland and NI.? Why? because they are the liars. They must have said it or they would be up on their high horse to prove they didn't. So good for Boris, play them at their own dirty game.
Excellent post Shropshiregirl. I was wondering the same.

As for "breaking International Laws", the EU is a past master at this. They are brilliant at doing something illegal and then saying, "Oops, sorry, we didn't know we were breaking an International Law."
David P
South Oxfordshire
David P is male  David P has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Just out of interest, here it is ...

https://assets.publishing.service.go..._Statement.pdf
I do not understand the problem. There should not be a physical border between Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. If there has to be a difference in taxes between any cross border trade, it is quite simple.
The north uses pounds sterling and the south uses the euro. There should be a computer based system that can record any sales traffic.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:43 AM

Hi

The EU have quoted Margaret Thatcher.

And that is not just me saying it – I remind you of the words of Margaret Thatcher: 'Britain does not break Treaties. It would be bad for Britain, bad for relations with the rest of the world, and bad for any future Treaty on trade'".

Boris is playing stupid game theory.

Page 6 of 8 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top