Join for free
Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 11:25 PM

Re: The Rule of Six.

Originally Posted by Havenview ->
Citation?

I am not posh Havenview.
Do you mean you would like a link?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-...rming-21587251

This isn't a good link, but can find the one I wanted.
I thought it was an English girl I read about, not this Japanese one.
Havenview
United Kingdom
Havenview is male  Havenview has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 09:02 AM

This isn't a good link, but can find the one I wanted.
I thought it was an English girl I read about, not this Japanese one.
A citation isn't a link, it's a reference to scholarly work - the Daily Mirror is not the work of scholars !

The widespread view amongst scientists currently is that most people appear to gain immunity and that re-infections are in fact relapses

The case you refer to has not had its scientific paper released yet so has not had any form of peer review and it appears that currently this is the only properly documented example.

Most scientists are responding with "not enough data to draw any conclusions". They also state that it is possible with any infectious disease you can catch isomething again but it's rare.

I think it's reasonable to say those that know are not too concerned about this - indeed what they all seem to be most worried about is mutations because that can make the infection more deadly.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 10:52 AM

!
.. ..The widespread view amongst scientists currently is that most people appear to gain immunity and that re-infections are in fact relapses
I agree with the above, because I was swiped by the Chinese Plague during February and since then I've experienced three more hits, but each swipe was less intrusive than the previous, with the last a feeling of overheating. My 'telephone'* doc agrees that it's most probably the same infection not quite out of my system. My wife is the same and we just get on with our lives.

*has anyone managed a face-to-face with their GP yet?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
I agree with the above, because I was swiped by the Chinese Plague during February and since then I've experienced three more hits, but each swipe was less intrusive than the previous, with the last a feeling of overheating. My 'telephone'* doc agrees that it's most probably the same infection not quite out of my system. My wife is the same and we just get on with our lives.

*has anyone managed a face-to-face with their GP yet?
I suspect that the vast majority of coronavirus infections are like that. The ones who die are probably old and already have compromised health.

I feel that far more research into this disease is necessary, but I have a feeling that it will, as some have suggested, eventually peter out as either it will lose its effectiveness and/or humans will develop a natural resistance to it.

If China were a more open country, it would benefit the world if researchers from outside of China could investigate thoroughly the initial cause of covid. I can't see that ever happening, though!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:19 AM

A citation isn't a link, it's a reference to scholarly work - the Daily Mirror is not the work of scholars !

The widespread view amongst scientists currently is that most people appear to gain immunity and that re-infections are in fact relapses

The case you refer to has not had its scientific paper released yet so has not had any form of peer review and it appears that currently this is the only properly documented example.

Most scientists are responding with "not enough data to draw any conclusions". They also state that it is possible with any infectious disease you can catch isomething again but it's rare.

I think it's reasonable to say those that know are not too concerned about this - indeed what they all seem to be most worried about is mutations because that can make the infection more deadly.

Alright, keep your hair on, I told you it wasn't a good link, but I couldn't find a better one.
There was another write up in The Independent, but that was an even worse link.

As for scientific papers, I do not know about those as the report said nothing. All I said was I had read of a case of a woman getting this virus twice, that's all!
If you want to know all the ins and outs of a ducks bum you'll have to do your own homework.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Alright, keep your hair on, I told you it wasn't a good link, but I couldn't find a better one.
There was another write up in The Independent, but that was an even worse link.

As for scientific papers, I do not know about those as the report said nothing. All I said was I had read of a case of a woman getting this virus twice, that's all!
If you want to know all the ins and outs of a ducks bum you'll have to do your own homework.

Quelle bon mot!
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 11:35 AM

Hi

Just more confusion from Government.

Pritti says one thing, Boris says another.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Just more confusion from Government.

Pritti says one thing, Boris says another.
Even local Councils seem to have the power to request quite sweeping powers from the Government, so thank you to my local Labour Council for locking down my part of the NE. I'm sure many, many people will remember you screwing us over, come Election time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

17-09-2020, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Even local Councils seem to have the power to request quite sweeping powers from the Government, so thank you to my local Labour Council for locking down my part of the NE. I'm sure many, many people will remember you screwing us over, come Election time.
Yes indeed.

People complain about both the government and their local authorities, yet seem to forget that they are the same people who voted them into power.

The best example, popular in the news right now, is of course Londonistan.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2020, 06:13 PM

Quite right JBR. Sadly the Labour Council where I live have ruled the Borough just about forever. The local populace as so habituated to vote for Labour that even locking down my particular bit of the NE (zero to 2 infections reported) will not stop people voting for Labour. There are many who rant about it being the fault of Boris, when it's their own Councillors that have stitched them up.

The hypocrisy of Labour having a go at the Tories for disrupting people's lives is utterly lost on them.

Page 10 of 12 « First < 8 9 10 11 12 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top