Join for free
Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:15 AM

Re: The Rule of Six.

It's true.
I think more people would pay attention to the government rules if they made a little more sense.

I'm sure that most of us here have enough common sense to make our own decisions, and these Covid Marshals can't be everywhere are once!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I'm sure that would be far too sensible Carol! The fact you can walk in the street surrounded by crowds seems to have passed by the logic algorithm.
"Walk in the street"---. Think it through.

Not stand in a group, not have a family party, not have a mini-rave but walk in the street .

Not ideal by any means but if maintaining social distancing even if only partially still a good move.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 01:18 PM

Just been to our local asda today...all the customers were wearing masks,,although the girls at the checkouts were behind the screens....not one of the staff walking about had a mask on
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by paula ->
Just been to our local asda today...all the customers were wearing masks,,although the girls at the checkouts were behind the screens....not one of the staff walking about had a mask on
Ah, yes.
Flexible rules.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 01:41 PM

Hi

Pritti Patel said two families of 4 chatting in the street would be breaking the law.

Up to 30 can go Grouse Shooting together.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:04 PM

I can see a lot of rebellion happening because of this , it will take absolutely everyone to use their common sense to get this virus under control, and that won't happen if certain groups are excluded.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:24 PM

Same here Paula.
I went to my local Asda yesterday, and none of the staff walking about were masked, neither were a couple of the customers that I saw either.
I can't be sure, but I don't think the staff on Customer Services were masked either.

Wilko's sprays for sanitizing tolley handles were both empty, and Iceland had run out of paper towels to wipe baskets with - although in all fairness, when I mentioned it in store, both shops said they would refill immediately.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

15-09-2020, 02:48 PM

i can see a lot of rebellion happening because of this , it will take absolutely everyone to use their common sense to get this virus under control, and that won't happen if certain groups are excluded.
Havenview
United Kingdom
Havenview is male  Havenview has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Same here Paula.
I went to my local Asda yesterday, and none of the staff walking about were masked
Employees in shops are not covered by these rules

They are subject to the H&S rules of their employer

This is important to understand because those members of staff are certainly not breaking the law that's being discussed so it is not fair to blame them.

From the government website: "Face coverings are not required by law for employees as employers already have a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment. Employers should assess the use of face coverings on a case by case basis depending on the workplace environment, other appropriate mitigations they have put in place, and whether reasonable exemptions apply."
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2020, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Havenview ->
Employees in shops are not covered by these rules

They are subject to the H&S rules of their employer

This is important to understand because those members of staff are certainly not breaking the law that's being discussed so it is not fair to blame them.

From the government website: "Face coverings are not required by law for employees as employers already have a legal obligation to provide a safe working environment. Employers should assess the use of face coverings on a case by case basis depending on the workplace environment, other appropriate mitigations they have put in place, and whether reasonable exemptions apply."

OK Havenview, so employees don't have to wear masks.
But that doesn't mean they cannot be carriers of Covid, nor pass it on, just the same as the rest of us, and what about staff catching it from the public too?
They are not protecting themselves at all are they.

Page 7 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top