Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 12:49 PM

Re: Hearing aids.

Having recently started wearing hearing aids as I struggle with some dialogue on tv, I was told it would be £80 to replace lost/damaged hearing aids, I think that was each as well, good idea to add to your house insurance though..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Try wearing your hearing aids, glasses and face mask at the same time, guaranteed to pull your hearing aids out every time!

When I had my hearing aids I was advised to add them to my home insurance in case of loss and it wasn't until now I realise how important that was.
I would like to add my hearing aids are not NHS so my loss would cost me a lot more to replace.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Try wearing your hearing aids, glasses and face mask at the same time, guaranteed to pull your hearing aids out every time!

When I had my hearing aids I was advised to add them to my home insurance in case of loss and it wasn't until now I realise how important that was.
Mags,

I wonder how much the Home insurance goes up when I claim for a lost 75 quid hearing aid?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Mags,

I wonder how much the Home insurance goes up when I claim for a lost 75 quid hearing aid?
I would think it would be barely noticable Ted ..... or it should be.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 10:45 AM

My aids were issued by Specsavers via their NHS contract and when I presented them with a broken one after I was knocked down and injured by a cyclist on the footpath who did not stop, they replaced it within 30mins and did not charge me; although I did have to sign a declaration that the left aid was damaged as a result of an injury from a cyclist.
The police were not interested
Pamela
New Member!
Harrogate, UK
Pamela is female 

15-09-2020, 08:00 PM

Hi
Different NHS Trusts will charge different amounts. There are some exemptions, e.g. if you are on certain benefits, are registered blind or have dementia, but again these will vary from trust to trust.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top