Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 08:30 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Disposable masks 'causing enormous plastic waste'

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I've been using a disposable for the last three weeks now...It smells of aftershave....
Mine smells of curry.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2020, 09:57 PM

In my opinion it is wrong for other political parties and environmental groups to tell people that they should all be using reusable mask. People should use what ever mask suits them based on their health and if they have any underlying medical conditions.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
In my opinion it is wrong for other political parties and environmental groups to tell people that they should all be using reusable mask. People should use what ever mask suits them based on their health and if they have any underlying medical conditions.
I agree 100% and being exempt, wearing masks do not effect me; also having already been swiped by the Chinese virus and survived together with my wife, I'm not overly bothered about going out & about any more.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 03:15 AM

Face masks and disposable gloves have been found on almost a quarter of Scottish beaches in an annual litter survey.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54815579

About 400 people took part in the clean-up on almost 100 Scottish beaches in September.

The Marine Conservation Society, which organised the beach clean-up, said the amount of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) found was concerning.The MCS said wildlife was put at risk by PPE in which it could become entangled. It said recent pictures showed seabirds' feet wrapped in the elastic strings of face masks. Marine animals could also mistake masks and gloves for prey, filling their stomachs with materials which will not break down and could prove to be fatal.

The most common items found on Scotland's beaches were plastic and polystyrene with an average of 78 pieces found per 100 metres. Wet wipes, crisps packets and plastic cotton buds were also found in significant numbers.
The legacy of summer's "morons" .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2020, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Face masks and disposable gloves have been found on almost a quarter of Scottish beaches in an annual litter survey.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54815579

The legacy of summer's "morons" .....
We have our morons here too, at least going by the number of disposable masks lying on the ground where lazy morons have just thrown them. Too thick to know how to put them in a bin, I suppose. No doubt members of the 'toilet roll brigade'.

Makes you proud to be British, doesn't it?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top