Join for free
Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 07:36 AM

Extinction the facts

This is so sad
And it’s nothing that most of us didn’t know .
It’s obvious that our growing population and needs would destroy our world .

I have known this for decades .

The facts sadly and starkly given by David Attenborough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-54118769
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 08:35 AM

Re: Extinction the facts

Muddy i have yet to watch the programme not that I need to really when I can see the damage that is being done to the earth by greed and over population with my own eyes..
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:14 AM

Yes I have said for many years that we, as a species, are the worst type of parasite and the earth really doesn't deserve us. As seen in Attenborough's documentary last night, the suffering of the natural world at the hands of mankind is nothing short of horrendous, and our abject greed for resources will destroy not just the natural world but all of mankind too as a consequence.

What an awful obituary for us...
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:16 AM

Nature has a way of dealing with species which are too successful.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:48 AM

No escaping the laws of nature.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 10:32 AM

I watched this programme too Muddy, very interesting and well made.
The human population have done so much harm, and continue to do so.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 07:45 PM

I watched it also. I really don't know what will happen, it needs every country in the World to get together & sort it, no good some doing it & not others.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:04 PM

At the rate we are going, there will be one monstrous metropolis from San Diego to San Francisco.

I read not too long ago that if all of the new buildings put up across the globe, were gathered together in one place, a new Los Angeles is built EVERY 2 WEEKS.

I hate to say this but we have already had the best we will ever have. From now on, it's downhill.

Ever watch the film Soylent Green?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 09:39 PM

This world is bigger and more resourceful than you think...
There were extinctions long before man walked upon this planet, and there will be many more in the future, including man, it's called evolution. Adapt or die.....There is nothing that man has destroyed than can't be recovered by nature.

71% of the surface of this planet is covered by oceans...
Of the remaining 29%
27% is inhabitable...
So man occupies just 2%.....We are but a fly on a dogs back...
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2020, 10:00 PM

Not quite true, OGF. Any animals etc now extinct can never be brought back & there are hundreds of them from tiny insects to the Dodo & bigger animals.

Page 1 of 51 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top