Join for free
Page 8 of 51 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:39 PM

Re: Extinction the facts

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
The problem isn't being caused by us directly OGF but indirectly in demand for consumer goods from abroad. Our forests are nothing and were nothing compared to forests in the Amazon. It's our insatiable appetite that has led to the demand. Now that appetite is spreading. It's not down to one thing here and there but the cumulative effect of our activities as a massive group on this planet.

I saw the other day how even our seas are being over-fished now too.

Maybe there are just too many people for our planet to support anymore - and we are still breeding more and more every day.

Maybe that is why nature is dealing with things, and created this Virus? Who knows . .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Quite a lot of China and India are in the Southern Hemisphere for a start they have very large populations .
I'm sorry to criticise, Muddy, but both China and India are entirely in the northern hemisphere.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:49 PM

You are right I stand corrected .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I saw the other day how even our seas are being over-fished now too.

Maybe there are just too many people for our planet to support anymore - and we are still breeding more and more every day.

Maybe that is why nature is dealing with things, and created this Virus? Who knows . .
I am sure you are right Mups .

Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:52 PM

We have a fish quota, it's the other countries that are allowed to fish in our waters that are causing the problems. With their big nets & massive fishing fleets.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
We have a fish quota, it's the other countries that are allowed to fish in our waters that are causing the problems. With their big nets & massive fishing fleets.

Yes, I think you are right.
Why don't they clear off and fish their own waters!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

16-09-2020, 10:55 PM

This is a big Brexit issue .
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes, I think you are right.
Why don't they clear off and fish their own waters!
This is a big Brexit issue .
Yes it was & I hope once the dust settles they will get the heave ho, not that I eat fish, don't like it.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2020, 10:58 PM

I am sure you are right Mups .

This, of course, is the EU trying to show us how much they hate us for daring to leave their little club.
They are hoovering up as many fish in our waters as they can before the end of the year when, hopefully, Boris will keep to his word and ban them from our waters.
That will, hopefully, give the fish time to begin to repopulate before they are all killed off.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-09-2020, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
This, of course, is the EU trying to show us how much they hate us for daring to leave their little club.
They are hoovering up as many fish in our waters as they can before the end of the year when, hopefully, Boris will keep to his word and ban them from our waters.
That will, hopefully, give the fish time to begin to repopulate before they are all killed off.

Yes that makes sense JBR.
I hope we have enough left to breed again though.

Page 8 of 51 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top