Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:52 PM

Peace Prize

The 2021 Nobel Peace Prize nominees is Donald Trump.
Do you think this is justified?
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:53 PM

Re: Peace Prize

I thought he was just nominated?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-09-2020, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I thought he was just nominated?
You are correct. I'll adjust my post accordingly.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 12:16 AM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54092960

Christian Tybring-Gjedde, a far-right Norwegian politician has put Mr Trump's name forward for the 2021 prize, citing the president's role in the recent peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates.

In 2018, the right-wing politician was one of two Norwegian lawmakers to nominate Mr Trump for the same prize, then for his efforts to bring reconciliation to North and South Korea.

For a nomination alone, the barrier to entry is low: all nominations from heads of state or politicians serving at a national level are accepted.

University professors, directors of foreign policy institutes, past recipients of a Nobel Prize and members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee are also among those deemed qualified to submit a nomination for the prize. The nominations require no invitation and as long they are entered before 1 February of the qualifying year, they will be accepted.

For the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize - the winner of which has not yet been announced - there were 318 candidates. The Norwegian Nobel Committee doesn't publicly comment on its nominees, which are kept secret for 50 years.

We won't know the winner for another 13 months.

Adolf Hitler was nominated for the peace prize in 1939 by a member of the Swedish parliament. A few years later, the Soviet leader Josef Stalin was nominated for the same award, twice, in 1945, and again in 1948.
I remain unimpressed by the award, the nominees for it and many of the "winners" .....
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 04:03 AM

You're 'avin a laff...aren't you??
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
The 2021 Nobel Peace Prize nominees is Donald Trump.
Do you think this is justified?
Good grief - NO!!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 05:58 AM

Well, at least he hasn't started a war yet!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
Well, at least he hasn't started a war yet!
That is true!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:21 AM

In a word - yes. If for no other reason than for not being Barack Hussein. Now there WAS a warmonger but one who conducted his machinations under the table. But in addition this POTUS has brought an underlying longstanding and worsening matter into the open.

It's not nice, it's going to get worse before it stands a chance of getting better but like some cancers, if it's not brought into the open and tackled it will just get worse and worse and yes, I am referring to all this BLM and ANTIFA rubbish and all it involves.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-09-2020, 09:30 AM

I agree AD

Trump is all bluster but doesn’t actually start wars.

I could never quite understand why Obama got the peace prize before he had actually done anything

don’t get me wrong I liked Barrack Obama .

Who doesn’t ?

He’s smooth handsome and so politically correct it’s like he has been invented . ( sometimes I think he was )

Half black half white ( but with no disturbing slave connections )

A genuine African American .

Perfect family man with wife and kiddies .

Engaging personality perfect diction .

Could have modelled for Armani .

What’s not to like ?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top