Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Nobaggage
Cornwall UK/ Carcassonne France
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 07:23 PM

Washing machine troubles .....

Any one know any thing about washing machines?
I put a heavy cotton rug in to wash once wet it must of gone over the weight limit . The red light said clean filter. I tried but as the washine machine was full of water I opened the filter and it started to gush out so quickly shut it and restarted the machine it went for a while but has now stopped and wont restart, I have taken rug out but still half full of water, I have tried the empty and drain setting , but not moving at all although it makes the click and hum noise as if its going to . Have I broken it or will it restart if I leave it for a while ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 07:32 PM

Re: Washing machine troubles .....

Hi Baggy what make is it some of the newer ones have a weight censor
If you don't have the instructions Google it.
You should be able to empty the machine manually through the little trap door/filter on the bottom using a washing up bowl .
Nobaggage
Nobaggage is female  Nobaggage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 07:35 PM

Its a Laden . I can drain it ok . Its weather it will go again Im worried about . I was hoping to just drain it out rather them empty as the filter is right at the bottom there is no room to put a dish under neath so I really dont want to flood the floor unless I have to.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 07:40 PM

Probably an imbalance Nobaggage. Single heavy items tend to get stuck on one side of the drum, causing an imbalance, where the washing machine will throw a wobbley.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 07:42 PM

Baggy I would check your instruction manual then, there should be one online.

I have a new Bosch which has a mind of its own it tells me off if I put too much detergent in it and it won't spin a heavy handwashed jumper it just pretends too
Nobaggage

13-02-2013, 07:49 PM

thanks meg and fogey... do you think once its had its wobbly that it start again with out me having to do any thing ... as im a tecono nerd Im afraid
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

13-02-2013, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
thanks meg and fogey... do you think once its had its wobbly that it start again with out me having to do any thing ... as im a tecono nerd Im afraid
It is difficult to say Baggy I would empty it manually then put it through a normal cycle and see how it goes
Nobaggage

13-02-2013, 07:59 PM

Mmm bit cold down in the cellar now to empty it all over the floor and then have to clean it up. so that will be a job for to morrow I think
I will let you know how it goes .... Thanks for advice
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

13-02-2013, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Nobaggage ->
Mmm bit cold down in the cellar now to empty it all over the floor and then have to clean it up. so that will be a job for to morrow I think
I will let you know how it goes .... Thanks for advice
Good luck
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2013, 05:05 AM

Buy a top loader they're better machines for washing anyway

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top