Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
The Dog Lover
Watford
The Dog Lover is female  The Dog Lover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2012, 11:00 AM

Re: Big Anti-smoking Win

At Sainsburys where I shop cigarettes are already hidden behind closed doors at the kiosk so why should the packaging make any difference. I smoke 3-4 cigs in the evening after my meal and enjoy that. I could probably stop if I wanted to but I choose not to.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-08-2012, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by The Dog Lover ->
At Sainsburys where I shop cigarettes are already hidden behind closed doors at the kiosk so why should the packaging make any difference. I smoke 3-4 cigs in the evening after my meal and enjoy that. I could probably stop if I wanted to but I choose not to.
I do agree Val, I don't smoke now when I did graphic pictures or messages/no pictures/hidden from view/big price rise would not have deterred me. You really have to have a strong desire to give up for it to work.
steve
New Member!
manchester, uk
steve is male 

23-08-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I do agree Val, I don't smoke now when I did graphic pictures or messages/no pictures/hidden from view/big price rise would not have deterred me. You really have to have a strong desire to give up for it to work.
Agree - no amount of anti smoking propaganda would deter you - maybe plant a seed in the back of your mind but it is you who really really has to want to quit to be able to do it successfully. (I'm an ex smoker and not touched one for 4 years now)

You might like this by the way - the last points are quite good for motivation - because people who want to quit still benefit from motivational boosts:

http://www.easyvape.co.uk/blog/cigar...es-infographic
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2013, 07:59 PM

On the other hand you could live to be 100?

pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 02:40 AM

never started
maggis
Adelaide South Australia
maggis is female  maggis has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 08:13 AM

Bruce said .... Australia is a low taxing country with a surplus (2012/3) so it won't be hard to replace any shortfall in taxation income (just increase the mining rent resource tax for example then China and India will pay for any shortfall).

Can I have some of what you're obviously smoking? plus I'll borrow the rose tinted glasses
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2013, 04:18 PM

if you want to smoke do it I say
but as long as its not near me
Michael
Near London,UK
Michael is male  Michael has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 10:56 AM

From the archives.

Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2013, 01:06 PM

'YAWN' ..... sigh .....
Myth and Magic
UK
Myth and Magic is female  Myth and Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2013, 07:24 AM

I am an ex heavy smoker but like to think that I am sympathetic towards smokers. I admit to missing that comforting grey fug that greeted you in a pub, late Saturday night.

I heard that a hospital at Plymouth is going to have cigarette patrols to stop people smoking in the grounds - going a bit far don't you think? At what cost? I hope that it is not from the patient's care budget. Wouldn't it be cheaper to give them patches or those pretend cigarettes to see them through?

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top