Join for free
Reply
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >
ZsaZsa's Avatar
ZsaZsa
Senior Member
ZsaZsa is offline
Miskolc Hungary
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 557
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 11:31 AM
51

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

As a British Expat resident in Hungary, I have an ID card which is used instead of having to show my UK passport.

I also have an OAP card which allows me to travel free on public transport anywhere within the country.

In common with Hungarian citizens I have a TAJ card and number which entitles me for free medical treatment.

Despite a shortage of staff and funding, Hungarian hospitals are extremely good and unlike the UK you don't have to wait for weeks to see a doctor.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 19,309
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 01:28 PM
52

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
As a British Expat resident in Hungary, I have an ID card which is used instead of having to show my UK passport.

I also have an OAP card which allows me to travel free on public transport anywhere within the country.

In common with Hungarian citizens I have a TAJ card and number which entitles me for free medical treatment.

Despite a shortage of staff and funding, Hungarian hospitals are extremely good and unlike the UK you don't have to wait for weeks to see a doctor.
Hungary seems to be an attractive place to live, and they appear to have the common sense to ignore EU diktats regarding the admission of 'economic migrants'. As an attractive and self-supporting potential migrant, I'll put it on my list of possible emigration locations for when the UK goes tits-up!

Actually, we did enjoy our visit there a couple of years ago whilst on a Danube cruise.
Reply With Quote
Purwell's Avatar
Purwell
Chatterbox
Purwell is offline
North Herts, England
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,469
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 02:18 PM
53

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Wonderful Brexiteer thinking, sod off and leave everybody else to sort out the mess that you have helped to create.
Reply With Quote
ZsaZsa's Avatar
ZsaZsa
Senior Member
ZsaZsa is offline
Miskolc Hungary
Joined: Mar 2014
Posts: 557
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 05:22 PM
54

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Wonderful Brexiteer thinking, sod off and leave everybody else to sort out the mess that you have helped to create.
You can hardly blame the Brexiteers, because if I remember rightly the bloke that called the EU referendum was a Remainer!

And what did he do ..... sod off and leave everyone else to sort out the mess he created!
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 19,309
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 06:48 PM
55

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
You can hardly blame the Brexiteers, because if I remember rightly the bloke that called the EU referendum was a Remainer!

And what did he do ..... sod off and leave everyone else to sort out the mess he created!
I shouldn't take much notice of Purwell, ZsaZsa.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 15,440
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 07:00 PM
56

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Hi

No Deal means the end of UK Taxation of Pensions.

It will mean you are paying twice, UK Tax and then the Tax of whichever Country you live in.

It also means the end of the EHICS Card, you will be paying for Health Insurance.

The only exceptions to this will be Ex Military and Government Employees.

That is a convention that will continue even in the event of a No Deal.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 19,309
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 09:50 PM
57

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
No Deal means the end of UK Taxation of Pensions.
Suits me. I pay tax on my pensions and would welcome the extra money.

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
It also means the end of the EHICS Card, you will be paying for Health Insurance.
No problem. We always take out health insurance wherever we travel abroad.
Reply With Quote
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
swimfeeders is online now
Shropshire
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 15,440
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 10:40 PM
58

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Suits me. I pay tax on my pensions and would welcome the extra money.

No problem. We always take out health insurance wherever we travel abroad.
Hi

What part of this do you not understand?

You will pay Tax here in the UK on your Pension.

You will then pay Tax on the Nett amount in the Country you are living in.

It is Double Taxation, a huge reduction in your living Standards.

You will also have to pay Full Medical Costs, the NHS will be paying Naff All.

You need to stop living in Fantasy Land.

After Brexit you will have no right to move to any EU Country at all.
Reply With Quote
JBR's Avatar
JBR
Chatterbox
JBR is online now
Cheshire, UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 19,309
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
06-12-2018, 11:20 PM
59

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

What part of this do you not understand?

You will pay Tax here in the UK on your Pension.

You will then pay Tax on the Nett amount in the Country you are living in.

It is Double Taxation, a huge reduction in your living Standards.

You will also have to pay Full Medical Costs, the NHS will be paying Naff All.

You need to stop living in Fantasy Land.

After Brexit you will have no right to move to any EU Country at all.
Do my eyes deceive me?
You said:
Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
No Deal means the end of UK Taxation of Pensions.


I like the sound of that.

And I shall be living in the UK, so I shall not pay foreigners as well.
Reply With Quote
Purwell's Avatar
Purwell
Chatterbox
Purwell is offline
North Herts, England
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 6,469
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
07-12-2018, 07:30 AM
60

Re: Moving abroad - What will happen after Brexit

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I shouldn't take much notice of Purwell, ZsaZsa.
You could mind your own business.
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 6 of 7 « First < 4 5 6 7 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.