Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 07:27 PM

Re: Feeding your local birds.

Jackdaws can even identify individual humans, although we’re not entirely sure how they do it.

Only a few animals are capable of this, with the others including other corvids like magpies, as well as chimpanzees and pigeons.

I just read this about the jackdaws. They are crows here, but our crows are more black I think. They say some jackdaws are coming into Ontario though slowly. I don't know how that happens.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 10:38 PM

We feed lots of birds including the Australian magpie.(not the same as the UK one)
They recognize us ,and the car, and will follow it down the drive.Sarah, the matriarch of our local family will even come into the kitchen and stand in front of the fridge.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
We feed lots of birds including the Australian magpie.(not the same as the UK one)
They recognize us ,and the car, and will follow it down the drive.Sarah, the matriarch of our local family will even come into the kitchen and stand in front of the fridge.
I have heard that birds recognize people who feed them. I have 2 blue jays, they always come back to me. Thanks Psmith

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top