Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 05:28 PM

Van Halen playlist - add your favourites to the thread

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 05:32 PM

Re: Van Halen playlist - add your favourites to the thread

Originally Posted by Minx ->
[yt]1VaEdKwXJhM[\yt]
Forward slash / not backward slash \.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Forward slash / not backward slash \.
Thanks
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 11:24 AM

We play Jump in my band (me on guitar) and that solo is really tricky. The reason its so "all over the place" is that it was created by the sound guys while VH were at lunch. It's a pieced together section of licks and riffs Ed was playing in warm up and noodling around, so they put it together and that was the solo for Ed to learn when he got back from lunch. That's what I've been told anyway.

My favourite is Right Now which I think has the better guitar solo on. I do miss Eddie, he was the benchmark for the past 40 years and will be for the next. Incidentally, another great guitarist left us a few days ago, Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom. A super fast riffer if every there was one, gone so soon at the age of 41.

I'll try and find a clip of my band doing Jump somewhere
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

07-01-2021, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
We play Jump in my band (me on guitar) and that solo is really tricky. The reason its so "all over the place" is that it was created by the sound guys while VH were at lunch. It's a pieced together section of licks and riffs Ed was playing in warm up and noodling around, so they put it together and that was the solo for Ed to learn when he got back from lunch. That's what I've been told anyway.

My favourite is Right Now which I think has the better guitar solo on. I do miss Eddie, he was the benchmark for the past 40 years and will be for the next. Incidentally, another great guitarist left us a few days ago, Alexi Laiho from Children of Bodom. A super fast riffer if every there was one, gone so soon at the age of 41.

I'll try and find a clip of my band doing Jump somewhere
Thanks. You’re a wealth of information. I have lots of favourites but can’t paste them all in.
Paste a video of your band playing (if you dare)
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-01-2021, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Minx ->
Thanks. You’re a wealth of information. I have lots of favourites but can’t paste them all in.
Paste a video of your band playing (if you dare)
There is already one on here somewhere we did it a theatre during lockdown in October, it was really weird because we all had to socially distance and there was no audience, just a bank of cameras. We also hadn't rehearsed for 7 months... which wasn't the best idea for a live stream performance

Anyway... here you go, I'm on the far right with the RayBan wayfarers on playing the blue guitar.

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-07-2021, 04:34 PM

Enjoyed this

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-07-2021, 06:34 PM

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-07-2021, 06:35 PM

Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa

27-07-2021, 06:36 PM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top