Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 05:03 PM

Re: What song moves you to tears?

oh dear!! Jem I can't imagine you drunk let alone maudlin.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 07:31 PM

I love a song that most have probably not heard before, in fact, I dont even know where it got in the charts, but it came at a very emotional part of my life donkey years ago.
Shannon by Henry Goss. Love it.
LovelyMeerkat
Lancashire
LovelyMeerkat is female  LovelyMeerkat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 08:41 PM

Elvis singing 'Old Shep" is a tear jerker for me.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I love a song that most have probably not heard before, in fact, I dont even know where it got in the charts, but it came at a very emotional part of my life donkey years ago.
Shannon by Henry Goss. Love it.
For BowieEyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5Wpn3dFrEs
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 09:23 PM

This is one that recalls so many memories of the early 80's for me when we lived there. Nothing can describe how beautiful and spectacular The Rockies are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cykMCpMvEWA
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 10:25 PM

I am a sucker for Irish songs and sob whenever I hear Joseph locke singing. As a child we always had Radio Eireanne on at night, thats where I learnt all the irish songs from. Any music can set me off and it can be very loud and embarrassing for others! A military band is one of the worst ones for me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2012, 11:17 PM

I remember Radio Eireann well Annie, Waltons, the musical instrument shop had a program on Saturdays ending with "This is Leo Maguire on the Waltons program saying, if you feel like singing, do sing an Irish song.", Willie Brady was a regular singer and around this time of year he'd sing "The Wedding of the Christmas Fairies.", imagine singing that today. God be with the days.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2012, 02:27 AM

Unfortunately the original of this is no longer available on YouTube, but this isn't a bad cover. Originally sung by Dr Hook. Listen to the words. This breaks me up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDhqC7qwp6s
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2012, 02:51 AM

Frankie singing MY WAY--written by Paul Anke. It illustrates my life and that is how music can change one's mood. , Jolly good night's rest. Marcus
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2012, 03:29 AM

Edith Piaf singing "Je ne regrette rien". Lots of associations with different things in my life, but also played at my mother's memorial gathering, which was a tough time.

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top