Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 02:45 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
OMG, how does Jem know about the DARK web?????
Know nothing about it thankfully, this one is dark enough for me. But it's only logical that all the IT wise weirdo's in this world would have an alternative way of communicating ain't it?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Know nothing about it thankfully, this one is dark enough for me. But it's only logical that all the IT wise weirdo's in this world would have an alternative way of communicating ain't it?
Mmm you can also go incognito
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 02:49 PM

I'm going out now for a walk with the dog and a quiet pint on the way back, afore I depart I'll leave you with this to figure out for me if you can please.

I listen to audio books in bed before I drop off to sleep. I was always a great fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories and I was delighted last night when I came across one I had never read before, in was on Youtube and called ‘The Missing Three-Quarter”, nothing to do with time, all about a top Rugby player who disappeared on the eve of a very important game.
I enjoyed the story, but one comment has me totally confused.
The missing Rugby star is the sole heir to his old Uncle’s fortune and Holmes is telling Watson “His Uncle is 83, gout ridden, and it’s said you could chalk your billard cue with his knuckles”
I can’t figure out what he meant by “Chalk your billard cue with his knuckles” Anyone know what that means? or is the saying so old that nobody living can explain?
Just curious, I often heard of having white knuckles from the cold but not from old age.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'm going out now for a walk with the dog and a quiet pint on the way back, afore I depart I'll leave you with this to figure out for me if you can please.

I listen to audio books in bed before I drop off to sleep. I was always a great fan of the Sherlock Holmes stories and I was delighted last night when I came across one I had never read before, in was on Youtube and called ‘The Missing Three-Quarter”, nothing to do with time, all about a top Rugby player who disappeared on the eve of a very important game.
I enjoyed the story, but one comment has me totally confused.
The missing Rugby star is the sole heir to his old Uncle’s fortune and Holmes is telling Watson “His Uncle is 83, gout ridden, and it’s said you could chalk your billard cue with his knuckles”
I can’t figure out what he meant by “Chalk your billard cue with his knuckles” Anyone know what that means? or is the saying so old that nobody living can explain?
Just curious, I often heard of having white knuckles from the cold but not from old age.
gout produces excessive chemicals in the joints which make them painful ??
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:19 PM

I reckon Jem knows more about the Dark Web than he lets on, we've all seen those big Black Boxes he frequently posts.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
I reckon Jem knows more about the Dark Web than he lets on, we've all seen those big Black Boxes he frequently posts.
ooer - sharp but I do like it!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-09-2018, 03:33 PM

That's the thing with databases, anomalies within them keeps other folks in work, an Auditors lot is not a happy one.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

23-09-2018, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
That's the thing with databases, anomalies within them keeps other folks in work, an Auditors lot is not a happy one.
but rich pickins for the right 'tor?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

23-09-2018, 03:43 PM

I'm glad I was in industry during the time period I was, it was interesting seeing the new tech, and folks doing their best to scupper It.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

23-09-2018, 04:00 PM

the 'new tech' and 'scuppers' - ya got me there matey - can you provide a viewers almanac?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top