Join for free
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2012, 08:37 PM

Sausage & Vegetable Pie

Sausage & Vegetable Pie

Ingredients:

1lb sausage meat
1 can mixed vegetables
½lb shortcrust pastry
Salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Roll out some of the pastry to line a 10" pie tin. Then, take half of the sausage meat and add some flour so it isn't sticky; roll out to size of the bottom of the pie dish and place on top of the pastry.

Drain the contents of the mixed vegetables then place them on top of the sausage meat. Roll out the remainder of the sausage meat and press that firmly on top of the vegetables, then finally roll out and place the rest of the pastry on top, crimping the edges, and making a couple of slits in the top. Brush some cold milk on top of the pastry lid then place in a medium oven until golden brown.

WARNING: This is extremely filling and should feed four people with chips or whatever you like, or it can be eaten cold with a salad. It should look something like this:

Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 08:16 AM

Re: Sausage & Vegetable Pie

FOUR people Mollie darlin' - I don't think so - I have been known to eat half of one of those to myself and the other other half the following day.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2012, 09:05 AM

That looks delightful Mollie, I might try that one day this week. I make one very similar using corned beef and onion instead of the sausage meat, which is equally splendid...
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
That looks delightful Mollie, I might try that one day this week. I make one very similar using corned beef and onion instead of the sausage meat, which is equally splendid...
Oh thank you so much for looking, Barry. I feared that some folk don't really look at the recipes in here, but there are some corkers!

This truly is most tastyful.
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2012, 01:04 AM

The pie looks very nice Mollie

i will have to try it out sometime
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

16-05-2012, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kitty ->
The pie looks very nice Mollie

i will have to try it out sometime
You may get an odd look from your butcher when you ask for sausage meat. I did. I had to repeat my request twice!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top