Join for free
Page 1 of 229 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 06:18 PM

What are you listening to right now?

Currently, I'm listening to UB40

dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 09:00 PM

Re: What are you listening to right now?

I have the classical station on the radio, Azz. But they're doing the weather now as I type this...
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2010, 10:15 PM

I'm just listening to the Ten o Clock News at the moment. Ooops sorry thats not music is it - Ive just realised.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 09:40 AM

Fancied something uplifting, so I've been blasting my ears with the final choral section of Mahler's 8th Symphony - awesome!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2010, 07:57 PM

I know what I won't be listening to tonight and thats Leonard Cohen on BBC 4. My God what a man for moaning, I remember one commentator describe his new album (at the time) as 'Leonard Cohen's music to commit suicide by'. I just got back from the Doc with a clean slate and I'm in great form and I don't want him to spoil it, I think I'll put on my Fats Domino CD instead.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
I know what I won't be listening to tonight and thats Leonard Cohen on BBC 4.
Thank you so much for mentioning the Leonard Cohen programme - I would have missed it otherwise. It was utterly brilliant! I guess it's horses for courses. Personally, when I am feeling depressed, happy music would make me totally suicidal. Serious stuff like Cohen's makes me realise that we are all in the same boat and no matter how tough things are, someone else has been there before and got through it.
Apart from that, Cohen is a lyrical genius and the concert showed that despite his age, he is still an amazing performer.
His performance of "Hallelujah" was sublime!

I've been a fan of his poetry since since reading "Flowers for Hitler" in the early '60's and of his music since I bought his first Album, "Songs of Leonard Cohen" in 1967. I first saw him live in 1972 at the Albert Hall.

Thanks again! - not only for the Cohen programme, but for a couple of other BBC4 highlights last night that I would have missed if not for your post - John Martyn singing "May You Never" as a very young man for one.

Mick
Manxman
Manchester, UK
Manxman is male  Manxman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 12:30 PM

The Sweet's Blockbuster on Gold
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 12:38 PM

I'm very glad you enjoyed it Mickb, actually my Brother in London is a big fan and we have a great slagging match anytime Cohen is mentioned, but I could never take to him, cheers.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2010, 07:07 PM

Inspired by this I have dug out an old vinyl-Saturday Morning Pictures by Stray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkHW3...next=1&index=4
Topaz
Scotland
Topaz is female 

16-10-2010, 10:36 PM

THIS .....................

I love the Moody Blues - always have done - and i`m having a bit of a revival of old Cd`s of theirs at the mo ......... My cup runneth over

Page 1 of 229 1 2 3 11 51 101 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top