Join for free
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 11:45 AM

Misconception About EX Pats

Many of us choose to move to Spain and other parts of Europe. Our right

Most of worked darned hard during our lifetime.

Our contributions to health care already acrewed in the UK. Many of us never claiming so many benefits available today. Some warranted.

I pay for public health here 60 euro each a might add not from the British purse strings

We paid for private health on first arrival plus massive taxes to Spanish system and update our tax returns to Spain and the Uk. Mainly unscrupulous British do not. Most of us are honest and do.

No we don't get winter fuel allowance. Those who deserve it. Many living in Northern Spain where it is colder than the UK in winter. Alicante had snow this year.

I too get annoyed with Brits who play the system both ends. Do I hear cries of protest. Oh no wouldn't be honourable. Just knock the weakest and most vulnerable.

We live amongst a culture that encourages friendship and unity, often found in bars and restaurants. Once you become a Hombre to the Spanish or other Europeans you are immediately encompassed.

The Spanish are great debaters but not on Brexit its passed gone. No probldmo to them, I think most who live there will agree with that comment.

We have wonderful food, ambience and peace.

I know what I prefer.

We have earned that right.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 02:01 PM

Re: Misconception About EX Pats

Another one to add to the list. We shouldn't vote in the E U referendum.

Is it me or are people that ill informed. I seriously wonder at times
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2017, 02:08 PM

Re: Misconception About EX Pats

All Brits should have been allowed to vote in the referendum and in elections. If you haven't renounced your citizenship you should be allowed a vote. This is what many other countries grant their citizens even if they spend their lives abroad.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top