Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 06:00 PM

Re: Foolproof Microwave Poached Egg.

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Much easier. Non-stick frying pan with melted butter, yum!
I will try that, might need a new pan first though. Do you fry it on a high heat or a low heat?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I will try that, might need a new pan first though. Do you fry it on a high heat or a low heat?
Medium heat I reckon.
Melt a knob of butter and when it's foaming pour the whisked eggs in and stir until you've got the consistency you like.
I like mine sloppy
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 06:10 PM

Medium heat I reckon.
Melt a knob of butter and when it's foaming pour the whisked eggs in and stir until you've got the consistency you like.
I like mine sloppy
So I have heard. Thanks ruthio.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
So I have heard. Thanks ruthio.
You're in a very cheeky mood today!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

24-05-2019, 06:36 PM

You're in a very cheeky mood today!
Every day.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:21 PM

scrambled eggs ...

try this folks

one egg per person plus one for the pan, break into a bowl but don't whisk. warm a spoon of veg oil plus a knob of butter in a non stick frying pan, pour in eggs, move around breaking up and cooking the whites leaving the yolks in one piece. Remove from heat, stir, chop it all up, serve.
Pyxell
South of England
Pyxell is female  Pyxell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2019, 07:32 PM

Do you know, I have never, ever poached an egg!

Next time I'm in an egg mood, though, I will try that.
Cache
East Anglia
Cache is female  Cache has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Absolutely useless at poaching eggs but followed this recipe this morning as HWMO had gone out so having breakfast on my own. It came out exactly as the video shows, Just left it in the hot water whilst I did my slice of toast (but slathered it with butter rather than dry toast)

All for anything that makes life easier. :lol

[IMG]
[/IMG]
I will try that! I used to have a plastic microwave poacher from Betterware which worked well, but sometimes the egg would explode even after pricking it and adding water.
Fancy poached eggs for breakfast!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

25-05-2019, 09:54 AM

Mainly I have poached eggs using an egg poacher pan, I prefer the neatness of it compared to that ragged look you get when you drop an egg in boiling water - some hotels do them like that but the look of it puts me off a bit.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2019, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by Cache ->
I will try that! I used to have a plastic microwave poacher from Betterware which worked well, but sometimes the egg would explode even after pricking it and adding water.
I bought one of those, too and it was a dismal failure - the result was more of a fried egg than a poached egg .....

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top