Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 03:15 PM

Bring Them Back Pleeeeease!

Do you still miss your discontinued chocolate or toffee products? I know I do! There are three that I still yearn for. I wish they would bring them back.

Cadbury’s Christmas Coins.
Hard to believe these have not been around since 2014. I still look for them when buying little things to put on the tree for the grandchildren. They had such a lovely, unique, Christmassy taste. And the smell of them was also overpoweringly nice. I really miss them, other brands just don't have that chocolate magic about them.

Fry’s 5 Centre Chocolate Cream.
Banished from my life since 1992! I well remember taking a bite of one of the 5 sections of blackcurrant, lime, raspberry, coffee and orange. Never liked the coffee section but still ate it. Dark chocolate, yum. Thing is, They were dairy free and Vegetarian and Vegan friendly. I think if this gorgeous choccy bar was still around it would be their favourite chocolate bar of all time.

Toffee Treets (and Peanut or Mint Treets) Choccy nuggets of heaven. Remember those lovely crispy-shelled covering that I have never been able to find anything that even resembles that lovely coating since. Sigh, ‘’Treets melt in your mouth, not in your hand.’’ They reinvented the peanut as M&M's, but they forgot to add the same coating and taste!! They are not a patch on the Treets.

Do you miss any?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	dairymilkcoins-1.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	10725   Click image for larger version

Name:	Five-Centre-1.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	10726   Click image for larger version

Name:	treets-toffee-1.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	10727  
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 03:30 PM

Re: Bring Them Back Pleeeeease!

Aztec bars, Bar Six, Bliss chocolate bar, Five Boys chocolate bar (dark and milk choc on the same bar.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

I don’t remember mint treats shrops , but toffee and peanut ones were lovely, I miss golden cups, Aztec and summit bars, you can buy fry’s mint bars, and also orange ones, there’s loads of stuff I miss from my youth...
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Aztec bars, Bar Six, Bliss chocolate bar, Five Boys chocolate bar (dark and milk choc on the same bar.
Oo I forgot bar six bars, judd I loved them
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 03:41 PM

Invalid Butter Toffee
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 03:43 PM

And me Judd! I had completely forgotten about Bar Six.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-09-2019, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
I don’t remember mint treats shrops , but toffee and peanut ones were lovely, I miss golden cups, Aztec and summit bars, you can buy fry’s mint bars, and also orange ones, there’s loads of stuff I miss from my youth...
I remember Golden Cups. Yum. That just reminded me of another I used to like - Toffo's. Anyone remember them? they were lovely and creamy toffees I do still buy the Fry's chocolate cream bar now and again, but I still miss the variety bar.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

22-09-2019, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Invalid Butter Toffee
Invalid Butter Toffee? Sorry ST, I have never heard of that one. Can you remember the manufacturer? The PC brigade would have a field day today if that name was still around.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-09-2019, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Invalid Butter Toffee? Sorry ST, I have never heard of that one. Can you remember the manufacturer? The PC brigade would have a field day today if that name was still around.
We used to buy invalid toffee by the quarter pound similar in texture and brittleness to bonfire toffee but obviously made with milk and sugar - I think the nearest commercial product would have been Callard and Bowser butterscotch toffee. (Confectionery manufacturer formerly of Queens Rd. Halifax but taken over then closed down by Rowntree Mackintosh who were subsequently taken over by Nestle)
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire

22-09-2019, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
And me Judd! I had completely forgotten about Bar Six.
Gasp! How can you forget about Bar Six? You'll be telling me next that you've also forgotten Cadbury's snacks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top