Join for free
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 11:25 PM

In 50 years time?

I've spent a lot of time writing about pieces of my life, my relations and places that I've lived with a view to having something of interest for my children when the "genealogy curiousity" kicks in at about 60 years of age. Every month or so I back up my computer to an external hard drive in case that disaster that we all hear about happens.
This made me think! Our brain is a kind of computer, run on electrical impulses. Will it be possible to back our own built in computer (commonly called 'brain' ) ?
On a slightly different tack why is it not possible for that brain to be installed in a piece of machinery when the current lump of flesh reaches it's collapsing stage? The 'computer' part could be updated as the machinery wore out. We could 'live' forever! Not sure if that would be a good thing or not.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 12:13 AM

Re: In 50 years time?

Yep CM absolutely (Yes I'm still here)..In the future I'm sure you will have the option to not only download your whole mental "being" on to a database ready for uploading to a new, healthy body grown from you stem cells, with a healthy but empty brain after you die..or are killed. You will go back to being "you" up to the last download. All your memory, personality, skills etc.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:25 AM

There is a tv show on Netflix at the moment. When you die they download your brain onto a computer and you enter a virtual world where you can continue living.....that is if your relatives keep paying the monthly fee to keep you there

I forgot the name of it....I'll look it up later.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
There is a tv show on Netflix at the moment. When you die they download your brain onto a computer and you enter a virtual world where you can continue living.....that is if your relatives keep paying the monthly fee to keep you there

I forgot the name of it....I'll look it up later.

Thanks Summer. Yes I will look for that one. I would imagine many people have thought of that. I'd give it a go if I could. Once at least. 25 again. New body. Same skills. All those hind sight things I've dreamed of. But I would still want to be with my wife and son. Don't know how that would work but we'd find a way ..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 08:55 AM

Your talkin Deja Vous here.

Need a bit of a rest before giving this ago again, two millennia should suffice.
keezoy
Australia

22-06-2020, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Your talkin Deja Vous here.

Need a bit of a rest before giving this ago again, two millennia should suffice.
You might not like what you wake up to Spitfire. I'd go around again as soon as I can.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:09 PM

Me too Keezoy! Give us a chance to correct those things that we might regret!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2020, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
You might not like what you wake up to Spitfire. I'd go around again as soon as I can.
Didn't like it last time.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire

22-06-2020, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Me too Keezoy! Give us a chance to correct those things that we might regret!
Categoric has been digitalized, but as yet not in a meaningful fashion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top