Join for free
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 11:50 AM

Brussels Bid to Cut Off the City Backfires

Oh dear ... looks like I was right.

A Brussels plot to lock the City out of European markets has backfired and harmed the finances of banks on the Continent, the boss of the UK's finance watchdog has said.

Nikhil Rathi, head of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), said in a first major intervention that European Union lenders have lost market share because of resistance to a so-called equivalence deal that would have preserved ties with Britain.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...atchdog-warns/
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 02:57 PM

Re: Brussels Bid to Cut Off the City Backfires

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. I'm sure Brussels will dig itself into an even deeper hole regarding this. Just out of spite rather than for any strict business or financial reason you understand .
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-05-2021, 03:49 PM

Re: Brussels Bid to Cut Off the City Backfires

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Oh dear, what a pity, never mind. I'm sure Brussels will dig itself into an even deeper hole regarding this. Just out of spite rather than for any strict business or financial reason you understand .
Your absolutely right, Percy. Its astonishing just how far these cretins in the EU will go to destroy the future of 27 countries.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top