Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 07:55 AM

Re: My New Air Fryer

This sounds good, I've heard people talking about them before, I might just buy one
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I have one I use all the time especially as I don't have an oven at the moment. Its great ...I use it most days.

Edited to say $99 sounds expensive Bruce I think mine was only about £30
Yep, they vary in price from $49 to $299 depends what you want to pay I guess
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 10:53 AM

I bought a Ninja 9-in-1 multi cooker a few months ago. It air fries, bakes, grills, sautes, pressure cooks, dehydrates, makes yoghurt, slow cooks and steams. I have to say it's the air fryer function most of all, probably most days. Apart from actually cooking things, it is great for heating things like croissants, naan breads, onion bhajis, and so on, or reheating sausage rolls and pasties, because unlike the microwave, it keeps everything nice and crisp on the outside. I really wouldn't be without it now!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I don't even know if my oven still works (I use it to store cookbooks)
There is a hilarious irony in this
Teacup
UK
Teacup is female 

18-06-2021, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I bought a Ninja 9-in-1 multi cooker a few months ago. It air fries, bakes, grills, sautes, pressure cooks, dehydrates, makes yoghurt, slow cooks and steams. I have to say it's the air fryer function most of all, probably most days. Apart from actually cooking things, it is great for heating things like croissants, naan breads, onion bhajis, and so on, or reheating sausage rolls and pasties, because unlike the microwave, it keeps everything nice and crisp on the outside. I really wouldn't be without it now!
Mum bought one via a QVC deal, and loves it. She uses the air fryer a lot, and had a stand alone one for years (can't remember make but was the popular one).
I think it's a gadget that takes a bit of getting used to, as she phoned me when she started ribs in there without looking at the instructions, so ended up finishing in the oven.
I think unless I saw a great deal for a large standalone airfyer, I'd get a ninja, as it's several devices in one.
Last Tango
North Ayrshire, Scotland
Last Tango is female  Last Tango has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2021, 06:10 PM

I think unless I saw a great deal for a large standalone airfyer, I'd get a ninja, as it's several devices in one.

I have a pressure cooker and air fryer but if I have to replace one I too would opt for the ninja.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:07 PM

I am glad l have found this thread as l was bought a Tefal Easy Fry Compact air fryer for my birthday.

It only came with a leaflet so l felt a bit restricted on how to use it.
I have since learned, it’s just a matter of regular shaking of the basket!!

So far, l have cooked chicken wings, vegetable spring rolls and chips in it!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am glad l have found this thread as l was bought a Tefal Easy Fry Compact air fryer for my birthday.

It only came with a leaflet so l felt a bit restricted on how to use it.
I have since learned, it’s just a matter of regular shaking of the basket!!

So far, l have cooked chicken wings, vegetable spring rolls and chips in it!
They are so useful, my BBQ is sulking because it feels neglected. Best kitchen appliance since the microwave and the rice cooker.
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:16 PM

Is the Ninja easy to use?
I'm not very good with technical stuff or things that take a lot of faffing about.
Any recommendations please? (UK)
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2021, 12:52 PM

I keep umming and ah-ing about one but I'm not sure that it's a reasonable option in our family.
In an oven I can cook two or even three different meals at the same time if I need to using just the oven, whereas I doubt that would be possible in an air fryer - even a Ninja.

Could I cook a jacket spud; a lasagne; a battered fish portion & some chips all at the same time in an air fryer?

Then there's the size of the things.
The Ninja a friend uses is huge!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top