Join for free
Page 26 of 46 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:37 AM

Re: Sarah Everard

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Perhaps some Twink but the majority I do believe were sad . I was sad and hoped against hope that she would be found alive .
If I lived in London I would have gone to the Vigil.
If you had gone to the vigil Muddy & lost your face mask, as could have happened in the video scenes I saw, you could then have caught the Covid infection!
If that had happened and you became one of the people who don't survive the infection, would your family be happy that you had supported this vigil?
I understand the emotions you feel about Sarah, but would you be prepared to risk your family having to grieve for you, as Sarah's family are now grieving for her?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:45 AM

Yes I would not have lost my face mask because I always have a spare in my pocket and would have kept a distance .
I have been vaccinated so it’s unlikely I will die of covid .
These are however imaginary scenarios .
Had the gathering been handled with a bit more sensitivity the subsequent violence may have been avoided .
Vigils took place in towns around the country without incident .
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:42 AM

Yes I would not have lost my face mask because I always have a spare in my pocket and would have kept a distance .
I have been vaccinated so it’s unlikely I will die of covid .
These are however imaginary scenarios .
Had the gathering been handled with a bit more sensitivity the subsequent violence may have been avoided .
Vigils took place in towns around the country without incident .
I know what you mean! We can never be sure how many idiots will arrive and many of the other protesting groups have a lot of supporters in the London area!
I don't object to peaceful vigils, although I would not be part of any, but I do think it would have been wiser to congregate there after the police had finished their work!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Of course they are. You don't go to a vigil wearing balaclavas and carrying protest banners. This vigil was hi-jacked by the far-left, Antifa, and BLM cashing in on this tragedy to air their grievances.
Exactly that Juddy!!
And it looks like they are going to milk it for all it's worth ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:07 AM

Perhaps some Twink but the majority I do believe were sad . I was sad and hoped against hope that she would be found alive .
If I lived in London I would have gone to the Vigil ever though I have followed the covid rules to the letter up to now .
It was a policeman who murdered her they know that he abducted her because he was caught on CCTV camera he was trying to kill himself because he is guilty . The police who stick together like the proverbial on a blanket have been wrong footed here .
I don t blame them entirely their leaders did not give them clear directions it could have been handled with some tact and compassion not brute force thereby proving the point that women are not safe on the streets even from the law.
A court of law deemed it was an illegal gathering Muddy.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm not quite sure what they are trying to achieve by demonstrating.

The world has been around a long long time and there has always been murders and rapes. Even in the animal kingdom rape is a regular occurance, the male just has it's mucky way whenever it feels like it. Of course I realise man is supposed to be civilised but not all human species are civilised. It's common sense not to go out in the dark alone as a woman because there are predators out there, we all know that. Of course it shouldn't be like that but this is how it is. I can't see how demonstrations by women are going to change the behaviour of predators, sick in the head rapists and murderers. To say place a curfew on men after 6pm was a ridiculous statement, that's like saying every man out there is a potential threat to women, that's not the case.

I think there always has been and always will be rapists and murderers. No one 'looks' like a murderer either, most look pretty normal even some with charming good looks such as Ted Bundy, Richard Rimerez. If these men can't control their urges we can't stop them doing the dreadful deed.

I have to say I was, like everyone, really saddened to hear about the young beautiful woman Sarah but I am not quite sure what make Sarah so different to all the other murdered people out there who go in some cases unreported. Unless of course it is because a policeman is the guilty one.

One policemans evil doing and all police are being persecuted. I'm seeing so much vitriol about the police, if I were in the force I think I would quit and think what is the point.
This is exactly the response some protesters want Lion Queen. The BLM in particular have made their intentions very clear, to disband the police and take away their powers of arrest. The BLM and others, put man against woman, black against white, and try to create as much chaos as they can, seizing every opportunity in their ultimate quest to create anarchy. We must support the police in every way, and not let the evil of one man tarnish what is probably the best police force in the world.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:13 AM

Yes it did happen .
Women have been harassed and murdered by men since time immemorial .It’s just that there are more people now and instant media coverage .
Today hopefully Jack the Ripper would have been caught on CCTV.
That statement is not borne out by the statistics that were posted
on here earlier Muddy ??
Perhaps you should read them?
Things are actually getting better for women as society develops !

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:19 AM

After a year of being in covid, I had completely forgot, not realising they were all endangering each other’s lives, including Kate Middleton..who wore no mask..

The gathering was wrong...but not for those who wanted to pay tribute, even though they didn’t know her....most of them were probably mothers ,fathers , children, brothers and sisters....but yes it was wrong to gather I believe.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
That statement is not borne out by the statistics that were posted
on here earlier Muddy ??
Perhaps you should read them?
Things are actually getting better for women as society develops !

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Statistics are anything that anyone wants to make them Donkeyman and women have been abused by men since before the time of statistics .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

15-03-2021, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
A court of law deemed it was an illegal gathering Muddy.....
Did they really ?
The police went to a judge and he gave no definite ruling .

Page 26 of 46 « First < 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top