Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2019, 10:46 AM

Re: Begone Bercow!

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Oh Pleeeeeease! not Labour's Harriet Harmon! She is an out-and-out Feminist, and was so PC during her reign in the Labour cabinet I used to hate even the mention of her name., Now known as ''The Mother of Parliament', guaranteed, she would just be a mini-me of Bercow. If the Remainers want her in, that spells trouble.

We can but hope that either Labour MP, Lindsay Hoyle, who has been Deputy Speaker for many years, or Conservative MP, Dame Eleanor Laing, getS the post. Fingers crossed.
Hi

You are so right Shroppy.

We used to call her Harriet Harperson.

Bossier than Theresa May.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2019, 11:41 PM

Re: Begone Bercow!

Bercow has uttered his last 'Order order' .
I watched the committee stage of the Election bill the other day with deputy Speakers taking the chair and what a difference without Bercow's ranting.

Proceeds progressed at a pace, the HOC seemed calmer and wrecking amendments were swiftly dismissed.

I feel the MPs will get twice as much work done now Bercow isn't taking up half the day pontificating...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top