Join for free
Page 212 of 370 « First < 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 04:38 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

I lost a whole post so I threw my hands up in the air and went to bed last night. When it vaporized, I had the same feeling one gets when approaching the climax of a great story and the phone rings or a server comes up and asks if you need anything

The remarkable system that provides us the cholesterol all that our cells need to function, and even serves as a repair (as is the case with arterial plaque), is fascinating because it is provided in triplicate - liver, intestines, and diet. Unfortunately, I come from a family whose cholesterol manufacturing would make China jealous , so I am ever having to watch the 25% or so that I can control.

it was such a good day to get out there and run yesterday, and i have an excellent turtle and the hare story.....but will have to share it later in the day.

Let's just say that it involved a younger coach I know who teaches at the local high school - and I ended up unsure as to whether or not I should have hugged him or throttle him
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 05:15 AM

Apologies for my absence in here this week but with no training to report I've been waiting until I actually had something interesting to post.

Before I get to a little speech, I must say Suzie, that your photographs of all those boats coming back into shore and the aircraft formation above are beautifully shot. They really do highlight a lovely part of the world and you are very fortunate to reside there.

Both of your mentions about cholesterol are interesting. I guess it's the old adage of "a bit of everything but in moderation" and too much cholestrol isn't too great the same as sugar, fat and salt. But we, as keep-fitters do have the advantage that we work off most of our misdemeanors unlike others who may simply plonk themselves in front of a TV all day long. Each to their own.

And talking of inactivity, on the gym side of things I have been slowing down at quite an alarming rate these past two weeks. I'm talking about during the working week, not at the weekends where I really do 'go for it' as you are aware.
Basically I have come to the stage where being extemely busy at work gives me more than enough exercise each night at the moment. We are in the process of expanding with the company with another building which is twice the size of the existing one (about as big as a football stadium) and we as the night shift are physically transferring stock around to all different areas of the building in time for the completion of the new one next year.
True, a lot of it is forklift work, but most of my job entails the stock control side of things and I manually handling large cases of workboots, gloves and all manner of tools and construction equipment, not to mention being on my feet all night walking upwards of eight miles each shift.

What I'm gradually realising is that with my gym work on top of all that it's no wonder I get so tired all the time. I was thinking it was my age, diet and maybe feeling unwell but being realistic about things the reason for my wanting to take things easy during the afternoons is because I simply need some rest. I'm run down, exhausted and something has to give. I am physically in very good shape and the gym stuff, although I love it, is just wearing me out.

So with that, unless I manage a short session mid-week, all of my sessions from now on will be at the weekends, with cardio taking precedence over heavy lifting - which to be honest isn't necessary. I do plenty of that at work.

These past two weeks and especially these last few days have seen me regaining some inner energy at home. I'm actually enjoying my time off from training getting out and about and seeing more of my wife. I have more zest and vigour and I feel invigorated in a way that I haven't been feeling for years. Keeping tabs on my diet is essential but my weight is stable and I am simply feeling happier within myself for once. All is good
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 11:53 AM

Good post Floydy, sometimes your body dictates the terms, but if you're owt' like me, things will take on a whole new perspective in perhaps a week or two's time....

Managed to complete my five a day this morning in decent weather and a not too shabby time.....Off to book a cruise now...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Good post Floydy, sometimes your body dictates the terms, but if you're owt' like me, things will take on a whole new perspective in perhaps a week or two's time....

Managed to complete my five a day this morning in decent weather and a not too shabby time.....Off to book a cruise now...
You're right bud. Time to sit back, have a rethink and decide where I'm heading with all this training lark. I see myself going seriously cutting down a lot more on the weights and I've been working out a routine accordingly this afternoon.
A short session mid-week then a bigger one at the weekend plus cardio and legs workouts. Can't be bothered with anything too strenuous anymore

Another cruise Bob? Where to this time mate?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 07:22 PM

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

08-11-2018, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Saw your post via my phone email before the edit, Ruthio. Quite handy sometimes
No worries

I thought it best to close my PM facility. I don't do behind the scenes gossip anymore
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2018, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Saw your post via my phone email before the edit, Ruthio. Quite handy sometimes
No worries

I thought it best to close my PM facility. I don't do behind the scenes gossip anymore
Me neither, very wise, but thanks, so pleased you saw the message xx
That's it for a while...x
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-11-2018, 06:12 AM

Hope you are ok, Ruthio xo.

Floydy, sometimes work gets in the way of life...and more importantly, workouts. One of the benefits of being older is that we see the bigger picture - a few missed workouts aren't worth beating ourselves up. It sounds like your work has taken an interesting and challenging turn, which I m sure you are enjoying.

OGF, another fine run for you, and a "meh" one for me. The weather is perfect, I am in no pain, nothing is stiff, I just didn't put it all out there. That means that I, Surfermom am 100% guilty as charged for being apathetic today. Bad me. I did get 5.5 in, so it's not a tragedy, just nothing to write home about.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-11-2018, 06:33 AM

Yep, work almost over for the week and an extra day off for me this Sunday. Some new work routines happening but nothing tremendously exciting. When I finish nights now that will deinitely be a turning point but until then it's just another job.

Training-wise though Suzie, you're spot on. I'm happy now fitting in what I can but it's no longer my priority in life. Having free time to do as I please is far more important and I'm now enjoying that change.

Nice run again for you today though. Nothing wrong with 5.5 miles at all - perhaps I'll get that far on the treadmill this weekend who knows?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

09-11-2018, 07:21 PM

Well I went to the gym today. The place was rammed. I was there all of ten minutes, did a couple of exercises and went home again. No interest there.

Page 212 of 370 « First < 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 262 312 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top