Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:04 AM

Electrical Spaghetti

Hi

Tidying up my lounge cables, modern life is a nightmare.

TV Stand.

I have TV, Sky, Blu Ray and a soundbar.

WiFi Modem, Alexa and Hue Home Hub.

That is one wall socket and 7 extension outlets.

Then we have the HDI Cables and audio cables and the cables linking to the WiFi Modem for the TV etc.

Media Table.

Laptop, Google Home, smartwatch charger, table lamp, Hue Bloom and one 4 outlet USB charger for the mobile etc.

That is one wall socket and 6 extension outlets.

Sofa Table

One Table Lamp

Aquarium.

One Wall socket and a lead to the power centre which has 7 outlets, lights, heater, pumps, filters, fans.

White Table

One extension lead to my illuminated magnifying work lamp.

Small storage table.

One table lamp, Google Home Mini.

This is for the pretendies, my main Google Home is protected to stop them turning all the lights etc on and off.

A total of 24 power sockets and numerous cables.

Fess up, how many have you got and how tidy are they?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 12:28 PM

Re: Electrical Spaghetti

Sitting room =

1 x 5 gang extension lead for desk lamp, DVD player, Monitor, shredder.
1 x 4 gang extension lead for table lamp, stereo unit, floor lamp.
1 x 4 gang extension lead for table lamp, floor lamp.

Like to have spare outlets for vacuum cleaner use etc.,

All three live by skirting boards, out of sight and all leads are tidy.

Craft room =

1 x 10 gang extension tower with surge/lightning protection for Printer, PC tower, Monitor, Magnifying over desk lamp, shredder, stereo, one small oil filled radiator, 2 x die cutting machines.

All permanent leads behind computer desk.

Spare outlets for soldering irons, hot foil machine, and/or heat embossing tools.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 02:18 PM

This is just my bathroom.

I have fitted extra sockets as I have been renovating each room so not normally a problem but it does get more difficult this time of year what with all the lights etc.

As for cables connecting electrical equipment, I have really tried to keep them tidy but it is impossible really. I suppose we are gradually moving towards wireless connections which helps.
Whyzee
New Member!
Philippines
Whyzee is female 

08-12-2018, 04:48 AM

My room got 2 outlet sockets and 2 extension wires. I really have to keep these wires low since I'm kinda blind walking on them sometimes and hate tangles.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-12-2018, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
This is just my bathroom.

I have fitted extra sockets as I have been renovating each room so not normally a problem but it does get more difficult this time of year what with all the lights etc.

As for cables connecting electrical equipment, I have really tried to keep them tidy but it is impossible really. I suppose we are gradually moving towards wireless connections which helps.
Have Health and Safety seen that, Dongles?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

08-12-2018, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Whyzee ->
My room got 2 outlet sockets and 2 extension wires. I really have to keep these wires low since I'm kinda blind walking on them sometimes and hate tangles.
Do take care, Whyzee.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 02:42 PM

I can't pull out stuff to double check but basically have the following.

Possible 6 gang extension on floor behind tv table.
TV, Sky box, DVD/VHS recorder. Also a surround sound theatre system, unconnected because the dog chewed one of the speaker cables.

Trailing down behind the tv are various HDMI/optical/scart cables. Two aerial cables, one to TV set up, one to this PC, for the tv tuner card.

Other side of the room. Possibly 4 gang extension.
Phone, router, webcam.

On this table, an upright extension, with the PC and printer plus. Spares for appliances like the hoover, and/or computer peripherals. (I am having a SATA IDE caddy delivered sometime today, so that will need power.)

Behind my armchair, a socket in which I often plug the floor lamp, when I want to illuminate inside my cupboard.

All cables, where possible, are pushed away out of the dog's reach, though she did manage the other day to find an unplugged aerial lead and chew through that! Fortunately I had a spare. The router cable to the Sky box is tucked behind the storage units, and underneath the radiator, with a long rubber floor cable protector, pushing it further away. I have a recycling bin and a small piece of wood covering the rest of it, in several places.

I had planned, when decorating this room, to buy a new IKEA storage for my tv and peripherals, as it would have kept all the cables and the boxes neatly stored away, but decided not to spend any more money at that point. I would have had to pay for delivery, and someone putting it together.

I detest the tangle and mess of electrical cables.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top