Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 03:51 PM

Re: Do you keep a daily diary?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
MC, My ex husband used to call me Samuel Pepys!
No wonder Artangel with all the diary you have kept.
All those memories. Wow really when you think about it your diaries are yours and your families history books.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
MC, My ex husband used to call me Samuel Pepys!
Crikey, art, keep away from pudding lane...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 04:29 PM

l have a diary that l kept when l was 14. It is very boring. Here are some typical entries.....

Got up, read my comic.
Read my books (I did a lot of that!)
I went to Confession
I went to mass and Communion
I got 2/6d pocket money.
I made a dress
I played tennis
I went up town with Mummy
I got a new mohair skirt
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 04:48 PM

Yes, I still keep a diary but no longer write as much as I used to in it. Mainly I use it now for appointments, making a note of where we went that day, birthdays etc. Before, I used to write the days happening every day.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 05:58 PM

Yes. I use to write lots but not any more. Just short form, however I would benefit greatly if I started again which I might. It is a helpful tool for mental awareness.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 08:11 PM

No only when I was at School.

On your last day at School, did you have an Autograph book, that your friends and teachers wrote in it, I did, it was all different colour pages.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-04-2019, 08:46 PM

Yep Margaret, I've been keeping a running journal for forty years with every run I've ever done, with a time, distance, and comments.....
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 01:25 AM

I used to keep a travel diary and have a shelf of note books stuffed with tickets and other memorabilia. On my demise they will all end up in the bin so these days I just keep an on-line Blog at:

https://www.bcl.id.au/

I am told my kids do actually look at it occasionally, if only to find out if I am at home.

As for a daily diary - I only used to keep one for appointments, meetings etc but those little books have been replaced by my phone. The great thing about that is that I can enter an appointment on my tablet or computer at home and it almost instantly pops up on my phone. How did we do without it?
Mondays child
United Kingdom
Mondays child is male  Mondays child has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:28 AM

When my mum in law died we had to go through her things. She kept diaries and while looking through them we found my wife had a step sister that she knew nothing about.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-04-2019, 09:50 AM

Hi

No, I do not need reminding how boring my life is.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top