Join for free
Page 162 of 370 « First < 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 > Last »
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2018, 09:05 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
That's impressive walking Besoeker, although I haven't got a dog, I consider a camera to be amongst the most important accessory to take with you on a long walk....Together with; Raincoat, and Mars Bar....
Do you walk the same route each day Besoeker? Or do you vary your walks? It would be nice to see a photo or two from your excursions, or perhaps a description...Fifty miles a week at seventy is some going, I would have to go back a few years since I was doing those sorts of distances....Keep up the good work......
Thank you kindly.
I have very good, comfortable walking boots. Did 3000 miles in the first pair.

We take different routes and go to different places.

Here is one:

He .is contented
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Lion Queen Fifteen minutes swim is about all I did on my whole holiday lol

How far is 10,000 steps roughly?
Assuming you take a one metre step, 10,000 steps equates to 10k or 6.2 miles. Stepometers are grossly inaccurate, so the distance would vary considerably. I used one on my regular post round and got different readings every day.....

GPS are the best way of keeping track of distance travelled but are expensive. Before GPS I measured all my running courses on my bike with a bike computer, still far cheaper than a GPS, and since checking them recently with my Garmin, I was surprised how accurate the bike computer was....

A 'FitBit' is the ideal way of keeping track of your exercising Lion Queen, but don't get bogged down in the detail.....

As a general 'Rule of Thumb' if I walk non-stop for an hour, it comes out about three miles.....Twenty minutes per mile......And that's a far more accurate calculation than a stepometer!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 09:56 AM

Bob, Lion Queen - thanks for the info. I reckon I walk umpteen miles during my night shift around a warehouse the size of your regular B&Q, though I'm not counting my steps as yet

Besoeker - Nice to see a new face in here too. Like the photo

I'm about to hit the gym for an earlier session than normal today, as I'm back at work tonight and I'll need to get some rest before I go in. It's never easy starting again after a weekend, never mind a holiday!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
Lovely pictures Floydy and Foxy!

Good for you getting motivated so quickly Floydy.
I'm supplementing my swims with long power walks now too
My legs have never been so strong!
I agree with Floydy Rhian, your legs look lovely....
Walking is only second to swimming for good all round exercise that your body will benefit from in the long term...(see what I did there....Teacher....term) anyway, there are so many brilliant places to walk in North Wales Mrs Fox would have a hard time getting me to do any work if I lived there....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

11-06-2018, 10:09 AM

That path is so inviting Besoeker, and it's making me want to put on my walking shoes and get out into the country....Unfortunately, it's going to be another hectic day working in the house.....Very difficult when the sun is shining....

A couple of years back I purchased a pair of John Merrill walking shoes/trainers, they were a tad expensive, but they've certainly earned their keep, and I would have gone through probably two or three pair of cheaper shoes, so as they are completing their last few miles now, I shall certainly buy another pair....Good walking Besoeker...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 01:40 PM

A nice little session this morning from my new programme. You’ll see that the emphasis is on high reps for Monday (and Wednesday with its different exercises) and I pushed myself hard to reach my projected targets.

Monday, 11 June ‘18
(All weights in kgs)

DB bench press:
12x22, 12x22, 12x22

Lat pulldown, hammer bar:
50x35 high reps

Seated row:
50x35 high reps

Pec dec:
50x35 high reps

Fly dec:
25x65, 25x72.5
*I doubled my usual weight for these but still went for high reps, which was extremely hard work.

E-Z preacher curl, close grip:
10x28, 10x28, 10x28
6x38, 6x38, 6x38
*Lots of bicep work on this today. Staying with three sets I then added a further 10kgs and did another three. Virtually little rest inbetween sets meant my arms were screaming by the end of this exercise.

E-Z preacher curl, wide grip:
25x18 high reps

Tricep extensions:
10x40, 10x50, 10x60, 10x70, 6x80, 6x90 full stack
50x30 high reps
*A mammoth effort on this also. Six sets, the final one pushing the full stack of weight and leaving room for a big set of high reps to end with.

Machine single arm curls:
Left: 20x25
Right: 20x25
*Normally I’d do both arms together but this was a test of strength just to see how much I can lift with each arm doing near high reps. A pleasing result.

Sled leg press:
100x120
*Extremely difficult as I added a firther 20kg to this machine but with no let up on the number of reps. I did need to pause for a second whilst lifting though I did not put the weight down at all.

Concentration curl, alt:
6x20, 6x20

Ab crunch:
50x35 high reps

Time 1hr. 5mins.

Happy with all that. It was exhausting but it was very muggy in the gym today and I was sweating buckets all the way through. No fixed weights and I can pick and choose what I lift and how many reps I perform each week I do this session.

Talk later.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 06:44 PM

I.m bad today all i.ve done since work is sit on my backside
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2018, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Besoeker - Nice to see a new face in here too. Like the photo
Thank you Floydy.
He really is a lovely beast. We got him from a rescue centre at about a year old. We got him - he got us. We put the effort in. He rewarded us tenfold. He walks me a lot and has been with me through thick and thin.

And such a gentle temperament. Grandson restraining him.

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-06-2018, 07:38 AM

Hello! So lovely to check in to discover you all have been so busy! I have read every word, perused the very nice photos, and am excited for you all. A special welcome to Besoeker! Glad to have you join the thread, though it has been so long since I posted that I feel like a new member, myself. .

While running has fallen behind hiking and surfing these last two weeks,...I have managed to run along the coastline several times, especially along this particular path that I enjoyed immensely. It's a good thing too, as the dining her has been sinfully decadent and abundant. Taken before a long, slow six-miler (a click on the photo should yield a higher resolution).

Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

12-06-2018, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
While running has fallen behind hiking and surfing these last two weeks,...I have managed to run along the coastline several times, especially along this particular path that I enjoyed immensely. It's a good thing too, as the dining her has been sinfully decadent and abundant. Taken before a long, slow six-miler.
Hi Suzie! Wonderful to see you back again. It looks like you had a great vacation, and got plenty of exercise in too.
Yes, it's always great to see some newbies in here isn't it?

Page 162 of 370 « First < 62 112 152 160 161 162 163 164 172 212 262 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top