Join for free
Page 211 of 370 « First < 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 10:49 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Thanks Floydy, you sound like you had a good session yourself.... I knew you would.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2018, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
It burns a lot of calories lifting several cups of coffee a day and taking a nice walk
Nothing wrong with a good walk Richmond, it's nice to look at nature in more detail than running allows.....go easy on the coffee though.....Urrgg...
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 06:47 PM

Saturday 3/11/18: Arms extra (+ some legs!); 1hr. 10mins.

The scratchy routine I had for today all went to pot in the end as I realised half way through that I was too ambitious with my game plan mentioned briefly yesterday.
I started the day by going with Mrs. Floyd to a pleasant and picturesque town up the road from us named Beverley to take her car in for its service. While we were there we decided to have breakfast at the Wetherspoons hotel in the town, which was rather nice and filling, then went around the market and shops. Of course I had decided to partake in a large breakfast, two coffees and snacks on my return home and pottered around the house until it had all ‘settled’.

By three o’clock I felt ready enough to visit the gym but found myself struggling somewhat with my elaborate programme for today which I had written down as a three-part routine. That routine was to begin with a ‘top-up’ session just for the arms, which were mostly neglected yesterday in favour of chest, delt and shoulder work and which would more or less complete some of this weekend’s ‘strength’ session that I had missed out. That all went very well and some hard work was done, but then I went for a full legs session which became too much after a couple of exercises as I was feeling rather queasy, so the rest of that routine is now put on hold and I’ll finish it tomorrow along with a full cardio routine. Jeez, the things we take on sometimes without thinking about the after-effects!
Here’s today’s session:

Arms

Arm curl, alt. (stack machine), warm-up:
15x25

Pinwheel curls, standing, alt.:
6x15, 6x15, 6x15 (no rest between sets)

Bicep curls, standing, alt.:
6x16, 6x16, 6x16 (no rest between sets)

Standing preacher curl, alt. (over bench):
7x20, 6x22

Barbell curl, seated:
10x35, 10x35

E-Z preacher curl, close-grip:
15x30.5, 15x30.5, 15x30.5, 15x30.5
10x40.5
25x18 high reps
*Biceps totally fried but nicely swollen by now, so gave them a rest.

Barbell forearm reverse curl:
12x15, 12x15
*I do very little forearm work as the muscles are worked during all other upper body routines, but decided on a couple of light lifts today.

Tricep extensions:
40x40 high reps

Fly delt dec (bicep ‘pull’ setting):
20x95

Legs (Part 1):

Incline press:
25x150
20x200
12x250, 12x250
25x150 high reps

Seated ham curls:
12x50, 10x60, 6x70, 4x80
25x35 high reps

Sled press:
25x120

Left it all there as I was cream crackered and couldn’t put any more effort in. It’s pointless training when you’re tired so tomorrow I’ll continue exactly where I have left this workout with the bulk of my sled pressing, extensions and the good girls/bad girls stuff. Plus…Cardio!

Thanks for reading
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-11-2018, 10:30 PM

Sometimes things don't always go to plan Floydy, but at least you tried......

I love Beverley Floydy, we usually go at Christmas when all the decorations are up, and last year I walked it from North Ferriby to Beverley, not in the winter though....

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

04-11-2018, 12:02 PM

An almost perfect morning for running, overcast and mild, with a gentle breeze rustling the trees and hedgerows. It doesn't seem to matter how tired the body is, if you feel good and pace it right, eight miles is just a cinch......Sunday? Bring it on.......
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Sometimes things don't always go to plan Floydy, but at least you tried......

I love Beverley Floydy, we usually go at Christmas when all the decorations are up, and last year I walked it from North Ferriby to Beverley, not in the winter though....
Well done on your walk today Bob and great photos too from Beverley That's a bit of hike!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 11:48 PM

With that inviting scenery, Richmond, I would walking every chance I got. Good for you!

I do love the internet for following along with everyone's adventures. What a beautiful market town Floydy! Connecting the dots, I can see how you might have not been feeling tip-top going at it hard after a day of epicurean fun. Glad you are better.

Thanks to Google maps, I could generally see your route to Beverly, OGF. It looks like it was a spectacular day and the town cathedral must have been an inviting site as you drew near. I don't know about you, but I am always sore after a long walk, having worked muscles differently than my running. In the same way that running affords one a different perspective compared to driving, the same can be said for walking when compared to running....

But it was running I did, fast and furiously yesterday combining a little work and pleasure. It was the end of the homecoming for the US Navy's Blue Angels after a season of shows around the country. Several of our friends decided to take our boats out like a suburban armada and join the crowd for the show that is better seen by water than over the field.

With shoes and socks held above the water, I was dropped off at knee level to wade to shore where I ran the length of the beach and caught up with everyone who had moored just off the point six-ish miles away. Not wanting to miss any of the acrobatic feats, I ran like a cheetah (ok, more like an aged house cat) so I could once again, with shoes and socks overhead, wade to the boat where we picnicked and watch the team roar over our heads. It was great fun, and such a big deal to many that they camped along the shoreline, and climbed the dunes early in the day to watch the show.

I just can't figure out why everyone wanted me to sit aft .

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 04:26 AM

Five more miles but absolutely shot it down with a Mexican dinner afterwards that probably shot my cholesterol through the roof.

That's ok. Man cannot live on asparagus alone .
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-11-2018, 11:08 AM

Surfermom, and any other interested parties, before I continue, I'd like to point out that I completed a report on the Beverley walk I described in an earlier post, and posted it in 'Bob's Bits' if you need some bedtime reading......
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

06-11-2018, 11:38 AM

Well done on the five mile run Surfermom, but runners can usually eat what they like without too much bother.....
Since my Heart Attack in 2004 I did loads of research on Cholesterol, its effects on the body, and its composition. Turns out that the Liver is responsible for the production of Cholesterol and what we eat has very little effect on its appearance in the blood, less than 10%...So the Mexican would have had little effect...

It's strange that you should mention nutrition and diet this morning because after an unusually swift and enjoyable five mile run in the fog, I realised that my energy levels were rather high, and it could be down to what I ate last night...
There is a story attached to this theory that you and other keep fitters might find interesting which I will explain when time permits....

Page 211 of 370 « First < 111 161 201 209 210 211 212 213 221 261 311 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top