Join for free
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 02:15 AM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I was telling my grandaughter 11 today how we were so poor that I was born in a ditch.

It bought to mind this verse written by me back in the day.

I wouldn’t say that we were poor
but we knew no point in asking “more”

We were always hungry and cold
That’s how it was if truth be told.

All that we was poor but happy crap
Was always just so much made up clap trap

our house was cold, cold as the grave
And we were treated like common slaves

(C) RJ 2018
well according to your copyright date you seem to be still very young - must have been the extreme cold that stopped the cells deteriorating?
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 06:02 AM

A night out with Bach;Rock & Roll and Theresa!

Bach Brandeburg Concerto No 3 in G major – I Allegro

Now this is definitely me in my teen years getting ready for a night on the town and getting all excited and spruced up – brothel creepers on – drain pipe jeans – fluorescent green socks – purple shirt and long black coat with sleeked down brycleemed hair out looking for some skirt!!
The music is racing and exciting and jaunty and relentless!! Ya!

II – 13 seconds didn’t last long – I must have passed out? Andante?

III – Allegro – ah here we go again on the run – out on the pavement dashing down the road must catch the 7.30pm into town – oh dear me hair is flying! Caught the bus – but me heart is still racing with excitement – meet at the Roxy and rock and roll a bit! – I ‘ll be knocked soon at this rate? - he’s baching mad!

IV – Jesus Joy of Mans desiring – we arrive at the Roxy and how opportune – there is my desire sitting in the far corner in her lime green dress and pony tail blonde [Richard tilling piano – thought it was gonna be jerry lee no less?] I waltz across my legs feel sorta wobbly !

V – Air on the G string – she rises and smiles and takes my hand as we glide around the floor – and my mates’ urgent pleas I recall – you must find the G spot! – I breathe in the sweet smell of her perfume and think how do I handle all of that? – I’m becoming woozy!

VI – Toccata in D minor – God they changed the bloody tempo – wot is this a sambo or fandango flamenco? – I think we just need to sit this one out and catch her breathe! The blood is surging through my brain – she is whispering something through my right ear but I can only see moving lights and her cymbals banging!

VII – I Allegro – can’t figure this one do we foxtrot or boogie or do the rock and roll – can we sit this one out too – please?

VIII – II Largo Oh thank God a slow smooch at last – now what were those sweet words I was supposed to whisper as we stagger [glide] around – oops sorry about ya toe!

IX – Allegro – Oh no not another fast rock and roll one – can someone sit on the disc jockey?

X – I -Allegro – More of the same, these Bachanians Germans certainly knew how to do there thingy on the dance floors

I'm out of here – she’s promised to show me her G spot on the way home – she says it’s either at NO 31 or 33 Gropping Mews just behind the garden shed!!

ps: XI - Largo - we've arrived behind the garden shed at 33 and there is a nice bench to sit upon and ...........- well I'll tell ya the rest tomorrow!
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 07:58 AM

I have to take the FIL to hospital once a week, across from which is a large park, a calm oasis in which to walk, there should be ghosts there, but, there aren't, not one whiff of 40 year old ectoplasm, not that one is particularly searching of course, there is a chance the ghosts went south, with the bravado.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:08 AM

re 11821
Go figure Gummy Bummy

--------------------------
re 11820
Great taste in music... RESPECT
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:15 AM

Nice take on Bach Gumbud

When we were young our days were always filled with one drama or another.

For women is nearly always the Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet approach and for the Men usually a lot of Wagner with a touch of Saint-Saλns's Dying Swan chucked in
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 10:16 AM

Fireworks originated in China during the Han Dynasty to frighten and ward off evil spirits. The people in the Han Dynasty would throw bamboo stems into a fire to produce a loud bang.

They strongly believed in the existence of evil spirits and thought that the sound of this explosion was loud enough to scare the spirits off. Getting rid of the evil forces was a sign of happiness, and so bursting of bamboos became closely associated with joy and celebrations.

Whilst hammering the jeep down to Stanley Fort you could guarantee a local would jump out in front of you in the hope that you would kill any bad spirits that were following them. If you managed to slam the anchors in time on you got a curse and a filthy look for thwarting their effort but if they cleared the jeep they ambled off happy as Larry whilst you attempted to recover from a potential heart attack.

On a couple of occasions neither worked and the evil spirits got their way which meant a nominal payout to the remaining family of the squashed local which I suppose for some caused the looked for joy and celebration.

Life is always a bit like a fire cracker
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Nice take on Bach Gumbud

When we were young our days were always filled with one drama or another.

For women is nearly always the Tchaikovsky's Romeo and Juliet approach and for the Men usually a lot of Wagner with a touch of Saint-Saλns's Dying Swan chucked in
AAh but what of the Rudolph Nureyev production of The DAnce of the Knights, from Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet.

BoOM de BoOm de Boom de Boom de

closely followed by THe DEath of Tybalt, same production, stirring stuff.
solo
UK

05-11-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
AAh but what of the Rudolph Nureyev production of The DAnce of the Knights, from Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet.

BoOM de BoOm de Boom de Boom de

closely followed by THe DEath of Tybalt, same production, stirring stuff.
Oh yes The Dance of the Knights . You can imagine hundreds of armored knights marching across a muddy rain soaked battle field.....creaking and moaning like mad .

That's what probably set Mercutio and Tybalt off arguing on who caught the worse cold. Stirring stuff indeed
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia

05-11-2018, 11:52 AM

Hey to our most esteem leader Jem - are you having a bet on the Irish mare running in the Melbourne Cup tomorrow?? - and if so how much did you put on it and what odds? - we'll help you share your winning with Phyllis of course too!!
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2018, 01:22 PM

Ooh Ok Possums I got the messages. xxxxx

I have just returned from the hospital, a follow-up check on my son with the pains in his stomach. The consultant was Mr Coddle, I was expecting his nursing assistant to be Miss Guinness.
After driving round in circles looking for a parking space, I saw him having a crafty fag in the corner. In fact, there was a whole group of hospital staff, must be the stress.

Did someone mention buses?
My late Father used to have this expression, he used it to people he disliked - "Why don't you go in the road, and play with the buses", as I child I was confused, but I think now, there are a few people I might like to say that too.

I will have a read back later my lovelies. x

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top