Join for free
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 01:07 PM

Re: Leisurely Scribbles (part 5)

I rather like old clocks.
My Grandmother used to have one.
I took this yesterday.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
The Tower poppies was a wonderful sight and now they are doing a very poignant 'Deepening Shadow' candle display to commemorate the centenary of the end of the first world war. Each night for eight nights between 5pm and 9pm the Tower moat will gradually be filled with thousands of individually lit flames.

The installation will begin with a procession led by the Yeoman Warders, who'll emerge from the Tower to ceremonially light the first flame. Volunteers will then light the rest of the installation over four hours, gradually creating a circle of light, radiating from the Tower.

The display will be accompanied by a specially commissioned sound installation. At the centre of this is a new choral work, with words from war poet Mary Borden's Sonnets to a Soldier.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-War-dead.html

Lovely Video Solo....
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 01:15 PM

solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Lovely Video Solo....
I saw CNN had shown the candle video Blue. The Tower is a fascinating place and the Warders need the patience of saints to deal with the mass of visitors.

They have ways and means of dealing with it though which is rather comical .

wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
I saw CNN had shown the candle video Blue. The Tower is a fascinating place and the Warders need the patience of saints to deal with the mass of visitors.

They have ways and means of dealing with it though which is rather comical .

Oh gosh, Solo.........this video was hillarious, I laughed all the way through it, he was really funnny. Thanks for posting this I enjoyed it......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-11-2018, 08:15 PM

Well my lovelies.
I am rather unwell, I have a lump inside my top lip. They think there might be something stuck in there, and I need to be seen by a surgeon. That is all I need, so close to my trip to New York.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2018, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Well my lovelies.
I am rather unwell, I have a lump inside my top lip. They think there might be something stuck in there, and I need to be seen by a surgeon. That is all I need, so close to my trip to New York.
I'm keeping you in my prayers its nothing too serious Sweets. Keep me informed xxx
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-11-2018, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I'm keeping you in my prayers its nothing too serious Sweets. Keep me informed xxx
I hope not Queeny. They will be investigating oral cancer.
I'm sure all will be fine.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

07-11-2018, 11:34 PM

Hi folks,
I am starting to worry about Pug........
I know he had to go out of town for a couple days, but I think it is 3 days since I heard from him. I hope he is ok, I am worried......
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

07-11-2018, 11:44 PM

Good Night Possums. X

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top