Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 06:39 PM

Re: Do you read ebooks?

I love an old fashioned book TBH.the whole experience , nothing like it IMO
smile
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:11 PM

The other thing to consider is that we are running out of trees to make the paper. Literally. I live in the Pacific Northwest in the USA. Trees are cut down at an alarming rate and can't grow back fast enough. With climate change, these trees are dying because its becoming hotter and hotter and we aren't getting enough rain. It's always been good for growing trees, but that is changing. We are having raging wild fires which are consuming millions of acres of trees every year now. Trees also produce the very air we breathe. So we cut them down excessively and we can no longer breathe. We also need trees to build houses. If we are to survive, we have to adapt.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:32 PM

Make books from recycled paper, that would do it!
I made a sculpture from recycled books.
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 10:55 PM

Yes, it would, but I don't know how one would do that. I like doing it this way. That way I can offer books for free as I feel the need. One of my books is free now. It's about the crimes my brother committed. I can't see myself wanting to make a profit from all that pain.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-09-2018, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Me too Judd .. reference books in hard copy .... and my trash second rate fan fiction on kindle.

I've never rummaged through the Gutenberg.
Yet.
Now's yer chance. http://www.gutenberg.org/
Sage
U. S.

04-09-2018, 04:26 PM

https://www.smashwords.com/ has 77,000 free books. Offering free books is a way to advertise.
FridgeMagnet
Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park
FridgeMagnet is male  FridgeMagnet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-09-2018, 07:51 PM

I use Wattpad on my iPad.
Very similar to iBooks
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-09-2018, 02:52 AM

I like original books of course. There’s nothing quite like having a real book with real pages in your hands BUT there IS definitely a place for ebooks. Those people who don’t have access to a local library, have minimal storage space or people with failing eyesight. One thing I love about ebooks is that you can adjust the letterhead to your own personal preference. You can read at night without the need for a lamp or light on since ereaders have built in lights. That way you aren’t bothering others who might want to sleep.
They aren’t a fire hazard.

There are pros and cons to everything.
Ingurr
New Member!
Yorkshire
Ingurr is female 

20-12-2018, 06:06 PM

I love my Kindle. I have a husband who used to go to bed early for early starts at work. Now I have my Kindle I can read in bed when he is asleep. I've had my Kindle for six years and discovered many new authors from Kindle readers on other forums.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2018, 10:31 AM

Only real paper books I read these days are cookery books, all my fiction is free from amazon and my kindle and my phone are my preferred reading mediums.

Many reasons including not wanting to wear glasses in bed, to the free nature of them all. I don't think some are good quality though if I find too many spelling mistakes I give up after a chapter or I find my blood pressure rising with the cheek of an author not even spell checking.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top