Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 08:25 PM

Re: Have You Had a Cold this Winter?

I'm on a host of drugs for my chemotherapy, though. I know chemotherapy is a poison itself but I'm not about to not take what my doctors have prescribed me.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Actually gargling with hot water with TCP when you have an infected sore throat, and having a bowl steam inhalation sauna with vicks is a really good way to manage symptoms and fight the bug.
There's a huge misconception about what a sore throat is, again the result of bad education and lack of the medical industry being honest.

When you actually start feeling a sore throat you are not at that point going down with a cold. In fact you've already had the cold for some time and the body has already done it's thing and is responding to it.

The body has identified the bugs and has mobilised a load of special organisms which go out to the throat and literally kill the entire cells of the throat wall, the ones that contain viruses. That's how it heals itself. By killing the entire cell it deprives the virus of its food source.

When our throat suddenly feels sore it's NOT because of any virus. It is directly the result of your own body nuking it's own throat wall cells.

Doing anything to obstruct that process is an exercise in stupidity. Let the body do what it knows to do. Just rest whilst it goes on. Keep hydrated.

Syrups and lozenges and anything else put on the throat wall will serve only to obstruct the process that is going on. The cells need to be nuked as quickly as possible to prevent them replicating to uncontrollable levels.

The body creates a fever to slow down their replication processes whilst at the same time it nukes throat wall cells.

All very simple, but not what we are taught. They want us to reach for useless potions, pills and syrups. Not just useless but products that actually obstruct the healing process and cause more prolonged suffering which inevitably makes people reach for even more products. It's a multi-billion dollar wicked industry designed to keep us sick for as long as possible in order to sell product.

I would love to know what you put on a finger when you get a cut. You can't sweat out septicaemia.
I don't put anything on cuts. My body heals cuts and for that matter burns without any input from me.

Anything that remotely starts to become infected I simply use Grapefruit Seed Extract. Naturally anti-biotic, anti-septic, anti-viral and lots of other things.

Infected toenail? Simply bath in warm water with GSE in it

Infected tooth? Simply "bath" (swill) with water with GSE in it repeatedly.

Skin condition like excema? Water or oil with GSE in it.

Any kind of fungal infection, athlete's foot etc, just soak feet in water with GSE

100s of external uses

100s of internal uses
Gravitas
North England
Gravitas is male  Gravitas has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 08:44 PM

Progress report - I seem to be getting out of the woods suddenly.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 09:28 PM

I was talking about an infected sore throat Realist. In my extensive experience of throat infections doing nothing makes for being very ill. Thankfully I seem to have grown out of them but I suffered for years until my mid twenties. What started as a virus would always end up an infection. Sometimes I'd get two or three in a row.

It was the psychological aspect that I didn't realise had a great bearing. Self care also means being kind to yourself and realising that nothing is more important than your health. If being kind to yourself has rituals such as vicks and TCP then that's all part of the tlc needed to heal. In your case grapefruit seed extract is your ritual. Who knows how much of it is really just your belief in that particular medication.

By the way you should really stop promoting grapefruit seed extract on here without reminding forum members that it does not mix with statins.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-03-2019, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
that's great news!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 09:04 AM

I have noticed there are a lot of men that have really suffered with bad colds this winter and can’t seem to shake them off.

Touching wood, l don’t get many colds but l wouldn’t waste my money on cold remedies. Saying that, l think old fashioned Beachams Powders, not the tablets are good.
I take an occasional paracetamol to take the horridness out of a cold.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2019, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gravitas ->
So thought I until it told me different the day after . Be careful . Mine lasted 10 days and I only was able to go out one of them after which it hit me again .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-03-2019, 06:49 PM

I was talking about an infected sore throat Realist. In my extensive experience of throat infections doing nothing makes for being very ill.
Well part of the "doing" is proactively maintaining and boosting one's immune system. If people don't do that then throat viruses (and any other bugs) will likely be more severe and incur further complications like infections.

However as I said earlier, by the time you actually feel your throat getting sore the viruses have already been there some time and the body is already mobilised and combating it. It would be foolish to do anything to obstruct that process imo.

If being kind to yourself has rituals such as vicks and TCP then that's all part of the tlc needed to heal. In your case grapefruit seed extract is your ritual. Who knows how much of it is really just your belief in that particular medication.
I don't tend to use GSE for a sore throat. GSE is quite acidic so would cause additional irritation.

By the way you should really stop promoting grapefruit seed extract on here without reminding forum members that it does not mix with statins.
Grown ups are sensible enough to research their medications sufficiently. How many times am I told on here by the little clique that they don't need someone telling them about stuff like flu vaccines.

This is an adult forum. People must take responsibility for their own health and medical/remedy decisions. If they don't they will come a cropper either way.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

10-03-2019, 12:25 AM

Realist it's common courtesy to mention the contra-indication of Grapefruit seed extract with Statins.

Re the immune boosting, it depends what you are going through emotionally. If you are under great pressure and stress you tend to neglect routine, healthy food and get run down. That's when illness strikes.

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top