Join for free
Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2013, 06:28 PM

Re: More of my uncle Vivian's adventures.

:lol Hectors wife never had sex with anyone in her life, not even Hector, she's an abominable woman alright but it wasn't her in the photo. It was snowing that day hence the snowy photo, but they were at it hot and heavy according to Hector, were he still alive he could take you to the very spot and show you the rusty metal spikes still in the ground.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2013, 09:15 PM

Did I ever mention uncle Vivian’s sojourn in OZ? It was a long time ago & I only knowof that which he related to me in his twilight years. He brightened up the “Twilight Rest Home” where his son Eustace billeted him when he became incontinent in his nineties. The thought of spending the rest of his days in that horrid place caused him to devise a method of controlling his micturate so well that he returned to the family home in quite a short time. Not before Vivian had drawn up an illegal “Crown & Anchor” board , too successful in fact. The other residents, eager to liven up their bland days became over excited & developed Vivian’s former problem.
The investigation concerning the disappearance of matron’s store of rubber bands from her desk rang the death knell of Vivians harmless enterprise.
But I digress, uncle Vivian spent a few weeks in Victoria & met up with his cousin Ned Kelly in the later part of May 1880 . How was he to know of his half Irish cousin’s notoriety, at the time believing a bushranger to be a type of park keeper? . Ned was already a wanted man & after exchanging pleasantries with uncle Vivian made clear his opposition to anyone who might be part of the Anglo-Australian ruling class, headed for Glenrowan. Vivian heard that he was jailed & eventually hanged in November 1880.
Vivian had a narrow escape & vowed never to return to that dark continent.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 09:32 AM

Nice to see Uncle Vivian back Bobby Boy, I for one have missed him.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote RJ ....[IMG]Vivian had a narrow escape & vowed never to return to that dark continent.[/IMG]

And who can blame him - Uncle Vivian is no fool
Hello RJ !
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 11:51 AM

I always had a sneaky suspicion Vivian had a bit of Irish blood in him Robert, perhaps he was a bit of a "Sleveen", a word not widely used in Ireland today, well not in Dublin anyway, but I remember my country grandparents using it from time to time, I think it's a useful word but never take a Sleveen for granted, they can be tricky customers at times, politicians have been known to engage in "Sleveenism" at election time, here's the definition.

www.thefreedictionary.com/sleeveen - Cached - Similar
Irish a sly obsequious smooth-tongued person. [from Irish Gaelic slíbhín].
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 12:39 PM

Jem - how do you spell the word - E jit
As a child I always said, Egypt but i never had to spell it, so curious now
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

17-10-2013, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
Jem - how do you spell the word - E jit
As a child I always said, Egypt but i never had to spell it, so curious now
The writers spell it 'Eejit' Pats but it's just a corruption of 'idiot', begs the question, how does one corrupt an idiot?, answer, vote for him.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2013, 01:03 PM

It was used a lot in our house, I got to know, from a young age it meant idiot
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

17-10-2013, 01:13 PM

It's still used an awful lot over here now, my missus is forever saying to me when I'm teasing the grandkids, "Jimmy, stop thwarting the boys, yeh feckin eejit.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Oh God - nearly fell off me chair laughing, what memories you've conjured up !

Page 7 of 8 « First < 5 6 7 8 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top