Join for free
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 02:13 PM

Re: Council Bins

What a pain Pats. Get onto Brainiac or something and ask them if they can device a contraption that will take the food from the kitchen area and swoop it into the bin (like on a zip wire) - there must be someone out there that can think up a Mousetrap type thing that would work!

And Grumble - if you think it up, remember royalties for the person who suggested it
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 03:33 PM

Thats the way it's gone now over here since they sold out to private enterprise, three bins, black, brown, and green and I believe they're bringing out another colour, I think it's going to be blue, that's nice because when the binmans asks me where I put the chicken carcass I can sing him a little song, 'Blue is the colour of the bin it's in, in the morning, in the morning when we rise..'. They don't ask you if you got space for the ugly looking things, oh no, that's your problem too, the onus is always on the customer in their eyes, what happened to the customer is always right?
This goes here and that goes there, more bullying then asking you, you'd want to have little to do but sort out waste all day long, let them create more jobs and employ more sorters, God knows they're getting enough money for taking the stuff away.
I always knew someone would clean up in this recycling game.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 03:39 PM

I'm still in shock thats all - just dont like the sound of it .....
Have to see how I go with it
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 03:56 PM

We already have 4 wheelie bins and I believe at least another 2 are on the way. I was told off last year by a council official when I rang up and complained "The black bin man hasn't emptied my bin" I was told "Racist remarks are unacceptable", "Eh??" She said "you commented on the colour of the man's skin" I said "No I didn't" "You said the black bin man" "Yes the black bin, man......the man who empties the black bin" "Oh right"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
We already have 4 wheelie bins and I believe at least another 2 are on the way. I was told off last year by a council official when I rang up and complained "The black bin man hasn't emptied my bin" I was told "Racist remarks are unacceptable", "Eh??" She said "you commented on the colour of the man's skin" I said "No I didn't" "You said the black bin man" "Yes the black bin, man......the man who empties the black bin" "Oh right"
Thanks gal
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 04:13 PM

I just remembered. We used to have a man come around every monday morning collecting all the kitchen waste, he had a horse and cart, known to everyone as 'The Slopman' he had a big pig farm(yes all his pigs were big handsome pigs) outside the city and used to feed the pigs with the stuff, come Christmas he would offer his hams to his 'Customers' at well below the butchers prices so everyone was a winner, except maybe the butcher, beautiful hams they were too, and the young think recycling is new..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2013, 04:31 PM

Wonder what the council will do with it !
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 04:36 PM

I'm told compost but I didn't think cooked food could be composted still what do I know??
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2013, 04:36 PM

We have to sort, plastic, paper, glass, tins, cardboard, tetra and food. Two large stackbox type bins, one food bin, I put scraps in paper or those bio-degradable bags, and a large wheelie bin. I have a bigger garden now but, before, they used to take up a huge portion of my yard and I had to carry them up about ten steps when full. But, now I'm used to all that sorting, I like it. I use old carriers to carry the recycling to the bins. The only downside now is the glass & tin lids that the men drop and when it's windy papers etc. (and the bins sometimes) blow everywhere. It's a shame the council don't sell us back what they compost at a cheap rate, I don't know what they do with it. There's a rumour that it all goes to landfill anyway, but, it makes me feel better about throwing stuff away. In an ideal world the supermarkets should dispose of packaging, that way they may cut down on it.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2013, 04:50 PM

I have no problem with recycling Twiz, we do that - its the food waste, I'm not keen on ....

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top