Join for free
Page 248 of 391 « First < 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 > Last »
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 09:49 AM

Re: Today I have .........

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Today I have

the word DETAIL going around & around in my head.

What can it mean?
Maybe the good nurse is going to put you on a washing the dishes detail Robert. It's a word I always associate with army life after my two years in the reserve back in the 60's, God how I hated it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 11:43 AM

Today I have a hangover, it's been a long while since I last had one like this but I'm getting better as the day goes on and a hair of the dog should do the trick at lunchtime. We went to the grandsons christening yesterday and everything went smoothly, the sun was out and the rain held off until we were safely in the pub after the ceremony and a good time was had by one and all. The baby's Italian grandfather was sitting beside me and it must have been a pantomime to watch the pair of us trying to communicate, he has a bit of english but I have absolutely no Italian, he was trying to tell me something about when he was a boy in Sicily and some goats he used to look after, the only thing I know about goats is that they make bodhran's (a hand held drum) from their skin, so as far as I was concerned the only useful goat is a dead goat, only messin', no offence to goats or their owners, but you get my point. After a few jars we started to understand each other better, ah drink, the great equalizer.

The wife took a few video clips and I like this one of the father and the son he never thought he'd have after ten years of hoping and praying, yes I do believe in miracles and I'm so happy for him, I'm getting all sentimental now.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
Today I have

the word DETAIL going around & around in my head.

What can it mean?
Robert, DETAIL can be found at the opposite end to DEHEAD
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Today I have a hangover, it's been a long while since I last had one like this but I'm getting better as the day goes on and a hair of the dog should do the trick at lunchtime. We went to the grandsons christening yesterday and everything went smoothly, the sun was out and the rain held off until we were safely in the pub after the ceremony and a good time was had by one and all. The baby's Italian grandfather was sitting beside me and it must have been a pantomime to watch the pair of us trying to communicate, he has a bit of english but I have absolutely no Italian, he was trying to tell me something about when he was a boy in Sicily and some goats he used to look after, the only thing I know about goats is that they make bodhran's (a hand held drum) from their skin, so as far as I was concerned the only useful goat is a dead goat, only messin', no offence to goats or their owners, but you get my point. After a few jars we started to understand each other better, ah drink, the great equalizer.

The wife took a few video clips and I like this one of the father and the son he never thought he'd have after ten years of hoping and praying, yes I do believe in miracles and I'm so happy for him, I'm getting all sentimental now.
Jem what a wonderful photo of your very proud son and your grandson. It looks like Patrizio is relaxed and taking it all in his stride ..... he must take after his granddad!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Hello ...... Jem
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 12:31 PM

Gorgeous picture Jem
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Robert, DETAIL can be found at the opposite end to DEHEAD
Good one Mags.

Lovely pic Jem and though not in pic a proud Grandad and happy Grandad too.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 12:46 PM

A lovely boy jem,arent family's grand.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 01:05 PM

Lovely photo of father and son, AND of the peeping goat!

Today I still went out to see to the animals, even in the light rain. The lady says it's not compulsory for me to turn up (as I am a volunteer) so I said I'll come in the light rain but if it's a monsoon I'll check with her first. In poor weather she has to dodge in and out during the day and wait for dry bits.

Popped over to see little sis with some helpings of home made bread pud. I don't like the fruit and neither does my niece so I usually give her some. Bit of a disaster this time, not enough sugar. So I left her with instructions to add plenty on top before eating.

Popped in to her Tescos, then home and will be having lunch in a sec. Telly is on (lovely jubbly, my fave pastime).
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-10-2013, 04:27 PM

Very punny Mags. ALso thanks for reply re guests

JEm , your family is very photogenic.

Page 248 of 391 « First < 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 258 298 348 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top